PDA

View Full Version : How late before you accept it's a no show?

crazyhazy
27-04-2010, 12:33 PM
I had a parent due to visit at 1pm, would you have given up by now? I really needed this or any work really, wondering if the week can get much worse :( Would you call them in case there's just been some confusion?

babs
27-04-2010, 12:39 PM
if it was a defo appointment id give them a call, just asking if they are still interested... good luck.

grindal
27-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I always ring if people do not show up for appointments. It is downright rude to make an appt and not bother to keep it. I always make sure I make them feel a bit bad too - say something like - I wish you had let me know I was unable to take my son/daughter to the park as I was expecting you!

Now I always take a mobile number and text in the morning to check people are still coming

aly
27-04-2010, 12:44 PM
youcould text/ring and say 'Sorry to text/ring you but wondered if I had got the time wrong'

You dont want to hang around andwaste the day

crazyhazy
27-04-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks I have a landline number so will give it a call, am in anyway cos my own lo is having her nap, just more disappointed than anything else since I desperately need work.

Mouse
27-04-2010, 01:00 PM
I've had parents turn up an hour late before, so there's still time!

What I do now is phone them the day or morning before to check they are still coming. I have twice had peolpe say they'd changed their mind & wouldn't be coming - annoying that they hadn't thought to tell me, but at least I found out beforehand & wasn't left waiting in for them.

Mookins
27-04-2010, 04:30 PM
what was the outcome hun?
hope they came

x xx x

Blue Boy
27-04-2010, 05:01 PM
Hope they turned up! If they didn't and you have had no contact I think I would be let other minders in my area know just to give them a heads up in case they ring them and make an appointment that they may not keep:angry:

crazyhazy
27-04-2010, 06:29 PM
I tried a few times with no answer, but got hold of them about 5pm, she was very apologetic and had completely forgotten. So, she's coming again on fri, so here's hoping it works out cos she did sound very nice on the phone :)

Mookins
27-04-2010, 06:31 PM
I tried a few times with no answer, but got hold of them about 5pm, she was very apologetic and had completely forgotten. So, she's coming again on fri, so here's hoping it works out cos she did sound very nice on the phone :)

:clapping: :clapping:
she better show on friday...otherwise Id be ringing telling her what I thoght

fingers crossed for you

x x

miffy
27-04-2010, 07:09 PM

Fingers crossed for Friday then!

Miffy xx

WibbleWobble
27-04-2010, 07:18 PM
everything crossed for friday!!

mandy x