PDA

View Full Version : No wonder my travel cot was free!

Jelly Baby
27-04-2010, 09:24 AM
Some weeks ago i posted about my bargain free travel cot from the car boot..hmm it has just been an utter nightmare to put up..maybe that's why it was free! It goes up though as done it before but typically the first day the kids will go in the cots later it plays up grr!!
Really cant be doing with the hassle its taken every day so will keep an eye out for another i think..will play around with it later but i am exhausted after fighting with it lol!!

ajs
27-04-2010, 10:52 AM
Some weeks ago i posted about my bargain free travel cot from the car boot..hmm it has just been an utter nightmare to put up..maybe that's why it was free! It goes up though as done it before but typically the first day the kids will go in the cots later it plays up grr!!
Really cant be doing with the hassle its taken every day so will keep an eye out for another i think..will play around with it later but i am exhausted after fighting with it lol!!

one of my mums works in a college and came home with a cot that someone had left there
i know why too, it's a pain to go up and even worse to put down againi have just taken it to the dump
it may have been that one that you were given lol

Mouse
27-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Have you looked online to see if you can find some instructions for it?

I hadn't used my travel cot for ages & thought it must be broken as I couldn't set it up. When I re-read the instructions it was actually very easy, but there was a knack to it that you wouldn't know about without reading the instructions.

sweets
27-04-2010, 12:07 PM
not sure about yours but mine is a pain if you dont do everything in the right order.

open it out and click the side bars up first, then click the short ends in and then spread it out as far as poss and push the bottom down. it either goes straight down or takes ages!

Zoomie
27-04-2010, 12:26 PM
not sure about yours but mine is a pain if you dont do everything in the right order.

open it out and click the side bars up first, then click the short ends in and then spread it out as far as poss and push the bottom down. it either goes straight down or takes ages!

I have always struggled to put travel cots up.

You should have seen DS1 and me in the Easter holidays trying to get it up :blush: .

Anyhow first day back at school last week, I tried to do it before mindees arrived as I:o knew I would never copy once they were here. It was easy peasy.

Turns our my technique was all wrong.

I have to click all the sides up first, then push the middle bit down (and reverse this when putting it away).

Now I can put it up and away each day as opposed to leaving it up all week, when mindee only comes 2/3x

Definitely try and see if you can get some instructions :)

sonia ann
27-04-2010, 12:28 PM

I agree I have one like this ....sometimes the bars just wont click up:angry: you have to get it just right

AliceK
27-04-2010, 12:45 PM

Same here. At first it took me ages to put up and even longer to fold down but once you realise you have to do it in a certain order it now takes me literally seconds.

xxxxxxxx

Tam's Tribe
27-04-2010, 12:58 PM
Have you looked online to see if you can find some instructions for it?

I hadn't used my travel cot for ages & thought it must be broken as I couldn't set it up. When I re-read the instructions it was actually very easy, but there was a knack to it that you wouldn't know about without reading the instructions.

I agree . . . I bought one and also struggled to put it up and down and got so frustrated . . . then I discovered there is a knack . . . for mine, you have to put down two sides and then pull up bottom and then put down other two sides and to put up, short sides first, then long sides and then bottom.

Dont give up yet on your bargin . . . and Good Luck!

Jelly Baby
27-04-2010, 03:30 PM
Thanks ladies!!
Well they went at 3pm and dd asked how they got on and i said fine other than the blessed cot! SO i have just been up and dismantled it and redone it twice and can do it yay!! there is a knack to it and its completely different to the other on..least it works!
Thanks again x