PDA

View Full Version : Start Up Costs - Buy Back

NaggyNat
27-04-2010, 09:09 AM
Good morning everyone!

A childminder friend just popped round and gave me some good advice! She said that I can claim back the costs of my sons old toys...I could basically sell them but am keeping them for the business. She said she done this and said I should check that I could still do this. I hope so.....

Can I?

Thanks everyone xxx

little_gems
27-04-2010, 09:26 AM
im not sure but would be intrested to know!!!

suez
27-04-2010, 09:32 AM
yes i was told, if the item is over £10 you write a receipt to yourself, and you would put down the prise of second hand toys ,prices you'd pay at say a car boot,the majority of my minding toys was my sons and he out grew them so they are minded toys now and im in the process of writing lots of receipts to myself :clapping:

little_gems
27-04-2010, 09:36 AM
well you know what i'll be doing tonight :laughing:

Mookins
27-04-2010, 10:10 AM
yup... am claiming lots my daughter has outgrown :clapping:

NaggyNat
27-04-2010, 10:28 AM
FANTASTIC! Thank you....thats my job tonight! xxx

tracey36
27-04-2010, 10:51 AM
thanks for sharing i didnt realise you could do that :clapping:

grindal
27-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Not just toys, bedding, cots, travel cots, high chairs, plastic plates, cups, beakers, cutlery, storage boxes, pens, pencils, colouring books - if you own it and are gonna use it for minding...Buy it off yourself :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

venus89
27-04-2010, 01:32 PM
There was a post about it a while back. I did it with things like the Brio - my son's outgrown it but the mindees love it so I bought it, as a business, of myself, as an individual.

crazyhazy
27-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow, fab, hadn't thought of this, but my girls have grown out of most of the baby stuff but I didn't want to sell it in case I get a baby to look after so this is good news.

NaggyNat
27-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Not just toys, bedding, cots, travel cots, high chairs, plastic plates, cups, beakers, cutlery, storage boxes, pens, pencils, colouring books - if you own it and are gonna use it for minding...Buy it off yourself :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

OMG really! Thats it then, tonight I will be writing everything down and writing myself loads of receipts! Thanks everyone :) xx

grindal
27-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Just list it all with a price against each item and then total it up and sign it. Thats how I did it anyway.

NaggyNat
27-04-2010, 04:55 PM
Just list it all with a price against each item and then total it up and sign it. Thats how I did it anyway.

Ah fab, I am doing a spreadsheet at the moment and hoped it would be enough...did you not do receipts to yourself then? I have bought stuff at car boots too and no receipts etc so do you think a spreadsheet witha column saying whether buying back or carboot and cost, would be enough if signed? Its £500 already OMG! Got soooo much stuff but its all needed! xx

tt1312
13-05-2010, 09:52 AM
Thanks for this info, have just started my icp course so will keep this in mind.