PDA

View Full Version : What would you do.

pinky33
27-04-2010, 07:25 AM
Hi

I co mind with my partner, we have two 4 year old twins 3 days a week, we have had them for a year now but the last couple of months it's felt like we have got extra babies lol.

The problem being they just won't play, we do lots of nice things with them and have lovely things for them to play with each day. If they are not rolling around on the floor or fighting then they just don't do anything, they will sit staring at the toys or throwing them around it's driving us insane.

Any ideas?

mandy moo
27-04-2010, 08:39 AM
Am I reading that right, youve got 2 lots of 4 yr old twins, 4 children then?
If so prehaps take one lot for a sticking activity or something and let the others choose a toy/game they want to play with and then swop the activities around.
just a thought, brain not working too good to day..lol

pinky33
27-04-2010, 09:19 AM
Lol

No just one set of twins :). Craft activities and everything else is boring as far as they say. Last week mrs o said if they choose to just sit that's their choice but it's v hard just watching them sit and even harder trying to engage them.

margaret
27-04-2010, 09:27 AM
are they boys or girls

pinky33
27-04-2010, 09:47 AM
Both girls

Mouse
27-04-2010, 10:12 AM
Do they like to play outside? I have looked after mindees who go stir crazy if we're indoors, but are completely different when in the garden. It gives them so much more freedom & space.

youarewhatyoueat
27-04-2010, 11:28 AM
Do you go out with them, I go out every morning, home for lunch then free play/sleep in the afternoon. With 4 year olds they should be doing stuff like forest school, climbing, visiting parks, sports activities, walks, making up adventures from books, anything but staying in all day.
They sound bored, try something different, change the environment, don't expect them to just play with toys.

sophiemarie
27-04-2010, 11:59 AM
I have a little bit of the same problem one of my children just wants to talk to me all day which is lovely but can also be very hard work. I ask her what she wants out give her free choice set up the playroom with her choice and the outside area but unless I am with her she just can't play. I am following her interest, giving choice I also go out most days, think of her next steps. I I just can think of the answer she is a lovely little girl and very bright but I feel worn out lol x

pinky33
27-04-2010, 03:26 PM
Yep we do all those things and some, I was a nanny for 12 years and just about exhausted every activity i have ever invented lol.

Thanks for the advice though ladies.