PDA

View Full Version : how to word this???

cabby
27-04-2010, 07:24 AM
at the moment all my before and after schoolers are term time only! but i have a few of them during some of the holidays, i dont charge a retainer for the holidays but the parents are not guaranteed a place, they all understand this and it was working fine! but i found that the last holiday 3 parents booked hours but either the night before or on the morning they were sending messages to say the didnt need me:angry: and as theres nothing on the contract i didnt charge them, im updating contracts and want to add on them that if hours are booked for holidays and not used they will still be charged at full rate, i use the MM contracts, how do i word it, and where do i put it??

mama2three
27-04-2010, 08:20 AM
I have a phrase on my policy which says
Extra hours may be available. these adhoc hours are payable at the time of booking and are non refundable ( unless the setting closes due to unforeseen circumstances).
Is there anywhere on mm contracts you could fit that , i use ncma and there is a space for additional information.

Jelly Baby
27-04-2010, 08:20 AM
Hi i asked a similar thing a while back as had the same prob!

basically i did a letter to parents asking them to let me know at least 4 weeks before any holiday if they required space/s. The contracts for this are then drawn up before and signed so if they change their minds least you get half the holiday pay. I get half my normal pay if the holidays are not used if not. I just explained that i have other holiday children and if they needed care they needed to get in quick as such as cant look after everyone really!
hope that makes sense!

The Juggler
27-04-2010, 01:09 PM
or you could have a holiday booking form. So when they ask/want days they complete a form which also states by booking the days they agree to pay for them. Then get them to sign it.

That might work.

Minstrel
08-05-2010, 07:29 PM
or you could have a holiday booking form. So when they ask/want days they complete a form which also states by booking the days they agree to pay for them. Then get them to sign it.

That might work.

This is exactly what i do and it does work perfectly and i would advise it if you are having probs.

I send out the form and then i also know what days of i have to do things with my own family/husband/ friends.

Payment up front as with all my invoices makes sure they use them. I keep the booking form and photocopy it and sign it to confirm as their 'receipt' that i have agreed to do those hours.

hth