PDA

View Full Version : When would you advertise?

marzi
26-04-2010, 07:59 PM
When should i advertise?
I have my crb forms they will be posted by the end of the week and as yet i have nothing lol but I'm thinking of setting myself a date to start, say beginning of september, that way if i am registered by then thats great if not i still have everything i need.

I know lots of people that are waiting to be registered already have potential mindees lined up.

I havent had my pre registration inspection yet either, should i wait til thats done? That could be 6-8 weeks or longer though.

Bernie
26-04-2010, 08:09 PM
My whole registration from start to getting my certificate took 6 months. It felt like a lifetime. There is no reason why you can't advertise now, but use this time to get as much as you can ready as possible.

Good luck

x

Milli147
26-04-2010, 08:21 PM
It took me a year! I would say that if you have sent off your Ofsted forms you could probably advertise - though they do tell you not to;) Ofsted have a target of 12wks to turn around your application so you if you are thinking about September you should be safe - fingers crossed!

Toothfairy
26-04-2010, 08:36 PM
It took me 8 months to register from start to finish.

You can advertise but you cannot call yourself a Registered Childminder and you cannot take any money as a retainer/deposit.

HTH :thumbsup:

benharjac
26-04-2010, 08:49 PM
I have has my pre registration visit and am waiting on my crb checks.. i have done a small amount of advertising but i havent fill all my spaces. I have have 2 enq that didnt result in any thing. i have 2 children coming when my certifiate comes but that has been through word of mouth. Try and speak to some of your local childminders and see if they can pass you number about....:clapping: :clapping:

marzi
28-04-2010, 12:07 AM
Ok thanks everyone. I think I'll wait until my inspection is done that way i have less to worry about at once lol.

Mrs Pootle
28-04-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi, I'm in the same boat as you, and thinking about starting from Sept. I haven't done any "official" advertising but I have put the word out in the school playground that I am hoping to be registered for Sept. I have already had an enquiry for after school care, but I've made it clear to the parents that I'm not registered yet but fingers crossed I will be by the time they need me.

padpad83
29-04-2010, 08:23 AM
I got told it would take 12 weeks from start to finish thats what they aim for where i live, i have done my DHC course & my first aid, i started the DHC in feb & finished in april, so end of may i should have been ready! but i have been so busy with other things i put it aside,
i have only just now started getting all my forms off ready for my pre-reg visit :o hopefully i will be all sorted & registered june/july! :clapping:

i have put a little word out on the playground to some mums, but really hoping to have my best friends dd july/aug as she is hoping to get back to work then! fingers crossed!
i am just getting all my paperwork/policy's/risk assesments all sorted out at the moment, so im not rushing to do it! :)