PDA

View Full Version : Another variation *UPDATE*

Joannechildmind
26-04-2010, 04:18 PM
I have had an enquiry for a cousin of another mindie i currently care for, it is 3 hours a day 4 days a week. I emailed Ofsted on Thursday with ratio list and am waiting for them to get back to me.

The new enquiry is a 14 mth old child
2.30pm- 5.30pm 4 days

I already have 3 under 5's
J 4.5yrs 8-4.45pm
H 2.5yrs 8- 3pm
E 18months 8- 4.45pm

The variation would only be for 30 mins, 45 mins maximum on just 2 of the days.

What do you think are the chances?

She is coming to see me tomorrow and i dont want to get her hopes up.

Well i heard back today and no they wont allow the 30min overlap :( because of not being sibling or continuity of care, the lady i spoke to said they have a criteria and if its not in the above group then there is no chance :( :(

cuffleygirl
26-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Am I reading this right you have just applied for one variation and now want another? that might slow up an already very slow system - as from my experience they will only start on the second variation when the first has been decided - if I were you I would put together a crib sheet detailing variation requests one and two ring them tell them what you've done get a name.

TammyN
26-04-2010, 05:08 PM
what is the email address for variations, i can only find postal address and guess this would be much quicker!

I have had an enquiry for a cousin of another mindie i currently care for, it is 3 hours a day 4 days a week. I emailed Ofsted on Thursday with ratio list and am waiting for them to get back to me.

The new enquiry is a 14 mth old child
2.30pm- 5.30pm 4 days

I already have 3 under 5's
J 4.5yrs 8-4.45pm
H 2.5yrs 8- 3pm
E 18months 8- 4.45pm

The variation would only be for 30 mins, 45 mins maximum on just 2 of the days.

What do you think are the chances?

She is coming to see me tomorrow and i dont want to get her hopes up.

Joannechildmind
26-04-2010, 06:52 PM
Am I reading this right you have just applied for one variation and now want another? that might slow up an already very slow system - as from my experience they will only start on the second variation when the first has been decided - if I were you I would put together a crib sheet detailing variation requests one and two ring them tell them what you've done get a name.

No sorry to confuse i applied for a variation to cover 2 sets of siblings last year (1 has since started school and is 5) now i need another but for a different child not continuity of care as such.

Not sure if i will get it.

Joannechildmind
26-04-2010, 06:55 PM
what is the email address for variations, i can only find postal address and guess this would be much quicker!

I used
enquiries@ofsted.gov.uk
and stated variation request

I then had an email then saying it had been passed on to the variations team.

hth

TammyN
26-04-2010, 07:21 PM
THANX :) I'LL GIVE IT AGO!

Joannechildmind
27-04-2010, 05:07 PM
bumping, please read update at top

TammyN
27-04-2010, 07:30 PM
ahh what a shame, what you gonna do then?

funfunfun
28-04-2010, 10:03 AM
i thought forgive me if i am wrong but arnt you allowed to be over your numbers for a period of 45 mins during the day

forgot what reason now ??

somthing to do with school pick up

Mouse
28-04-2010, 11:00 AM
At least they let you know quickly, which is a good thing.

If you read the info on the Ofsted website, it is quite clear that they only allow variations for continuity of care, or when taking on the sibling of an existing child, so it was very likey that they wouldn't grant you this variation.

It's always worth a try though!

Joannechildmind
28-04-2010, 12:10 PM
At least they let you know quickly, which is a good thing.

If you read the info on the Ofsted website, it is quite clear that they only allow variations for continuity of care, or when taking on the sibling of an existing child, so it was very likey that they wouldn't grant you this variation.

It's always worth a try though!

yes i did know that but as new child was a cousin and was only fro 30 mins max that might of considered it. Oh well, have managed to work it our hopefully, that i meet nan by the school at 3pm (i have a school pickup at 3pm also, have asked mum to check with school that its ok if im 5 mins late) That way i meet other mindies dad one drop off at 3pm and one pick up :rolleyes: will have to see how it goes.

sandy64
28-04-2010, 12:15 PM
hi i applied for a cousin who lives next door to lo i mind and mum spends all time at there house etc but wasnt granted it as was told not a sibling or continuity of care. ofsted do only tend to give variations for continuity or siblings but its always worth a try you may of slowed down the procedure as they will only look at one application at a time. hope it works for you:)