PDA

View Full Version : Variation

patevans
26-04-2010, 12:08 PM
Has anyone got a variation for 4 under 5? would I be granted one do you think? I have 4 under 5 with my assistant on tues, thurs and fri but assistant cant do wed which is now needed!

sandy64
26-04-2010, 01:28 PM
difficult one i would say as shes already in your care yes but im not sure how it works with assistants sorry but its worth a phone call to ofsted im sure they will answer your question:)

Mouse
26-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Is it for a new child or a current child? I don't think they'd let you do it for a new child, but might for continuity of care for an exisitng child.

I depends if you have any older children as well. As far as I understand it, you can sometimes be allowed 4 in the EY range, but you still have to stick within your overall numbers. So, if you can have 6 children by yourself, you might get a variation for 4 EY, but would only be allowed 2 over EY age.

green puppy
26-04-2010, 01:49 PM
I am reg for 5 under 5's with an assistant, I was just granted a variation for 4 under 5's mon,tues,wed and thurs. The variation was so that I could offer continuity of care as all of my mindees needed to extend their days. I asked for the variation as my assistant is a family member who can not always be available. I waited 3 weeks, the inspector rang me to check details, ask that I had all necessary equipment and that I could safely take all 4 out if needed. My last inspection was in 2008 with no actions so she said she didn't need to come and see me. I think they would give it to you for continuity.