PDA

View Full Version : Need a variation

Muffin
26-04-2010, 12:04 PM
I need a variation from Sept to allow me to take on baby sister of a mindee that I already care for.
Mum really needs to know if Ofsted will give me the variation she doesn't want to find someone else but may have to.
I currently have a variation for another child but that ends in Aug. When should I apply for this variation don't want to do it to soon and get Ofsted confused with my current variation but mum wants reassurance asap.
Any advice appreciated.

Twinklestars
26-04-2010, 12:32 PM
On the variation form it does say when is this to commence from, make sure you leave plenty of time though as mine took 4 weeks and I had chased it up loads so don't know how long it would have been if I hadn't. It would be continuity of care and sibling so you should have a good case for getting one.

sandy64
26-04-2010, 12:37 PM
you shouldnt have a problem as this is one critieria they give variations i would try and reasure mum as you can only apply so many weeks before you need it not sure if its 8or 6 sorry just remember reading it.you could ring ofsted and ask for advice there usually very nice.good luck:)

Muffin
26-04-2010, 03:17 PM
I have just spoken to Ofsted and they said that the variations team will only process a variation within 2 to 4 weeks of the date of the required variation.
So if they say no my parent has very short notice to find someone else.

sandy64
26-04-2010, 04:02 PM
wow thats less than i thought its not long but im sure as its a sibling mum will be fine you havent already got a variation? and you would only have 4 under 5? i would be very surprised if ofsted didnt grant it.