PDA

View Full Version : Maternity Leave

LaylaB
26-04-2010, 11:34 AM
Hello,

Not sure if this is the right area to put the thread in, but hopefully. Anyway, from August I will be taking maternity leave, I plan to take about 39 weeks. Still working out the final dates. However my concern is, I've just had my ofsted inspection and received a 'good' which I was delighted with. When I come back from maternity leave will ofsted want to come out and check on me again? I realise that obviously I will have to tell them I am taking a break, and tell them when the baby is born because I assume they will alter my certificate. But does this mean them coming and inspecting me again?

Thank-you :)

Layla

georgie456
26-04-2010, 01:41 PM
HI
All I did was inform Ofsted when I'd had my son so they could amend my certficate. They never asked me about maternity leave and I never told them! I took 9 months. As long as you don't cancel your registration, there is no reason why they would want to come and see you. You will just be taking a break from working which plenty of cm's do.

LaylaB
28-04-2010, 10:11 AM
OK thank-you :) i never thought of it like that. Was in a minor panic that I'd have to go through the stress of them coming back out, especially when I didnt quite want the stress!

Roseolivia
28-04-2010, 11:20 AM
Congratulations. This is what i'm planning to do from October. I'm due beg Nov but planning on taking full 9mth leave.

FinleysMummy
11-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Im too pregnant and just dont know what to do. I'll be due beginning of Jan so was thinking of trying to work up to xmas. I dont have kids in non term time so should finish about the 18th i think. But i have no clue how long to take off. When i had my son i was a nursery nurse so just took the whole time off. Now im thinking what about the parents....what will they do while im off.......will they not come back after as they will probably just use the local nursery and might not want to chnage back again! Just sooo confused!

wellybelly
11-05-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm pregnant too and am not planning on taking much time off at all because I feel my job is just fantastic for having a baby. I have 2 weeks booked off at Christmas anyway (when the baby is due) then will have 2 weeks off after that. Then it's back to work for me. Majority of the kids I look after are after school so as I have to collect my own children anyway, I don't think it will make it a stressful situation to continue working.

I don't want to loose any business as most of my mindees Ive had for years. I also can't afford the drop to maternity pay. I've had a few funny looks about this when I've told people but I'm determined to do this.

FinleysMummy
11-05-2010, 12:38 PM
See i need at least 6 weeks off as i'll have a c-section so cant drive or do much before then. But like you said its an ideal job to do when you have your own kids. Thats why i did this job after being a nursery nurse.....so i didnt have to leave Finley and i could still earn.

I currently have my own son who will be just turned 3 when baby comes. Then have a 3 year old full time....but then she will soon be going to playschool using her vouchers. Then 1 child before and after school 3 days a week, 1 child after school 3 days a week and 1 child before school 3 days and after school 5 days. They are all gone by 4.30 and are all term time only so dont want to loose any of them!

Im thinking that my full timer will hopefully go to playschool every morning (well mon, tue, wed, and fri...they dont open thursday) so that will mean i wont have her all morning, just the afternoon. Which is more like a part time child. Although will have to take her 3 morning a week...but its next to the school and ill be dropping off her brother and another little boy anyway.
It'll just be a Thursday i will have her all day.

Ive worked out money if mum was happy with that and i can still get by charging her 50% while she is in playschool and normal money when she is with me. Its just what are they going to do while im off for at least 6 weeks.

wellybelly
12-05-2010, 10:17 AM
I think if you give them enough notice they'll be able to sprt something out. All my parents have been supportive and are happy to go with the flow at the moment.

Sounds like you've got it all organised though, well done!

Twinklestars
12-05-2010, 01:19 PM
I'm pregnant too and am not planning on taking much time off at all because I feel my job is just fantastic for having a baby. I have 2 weeks booked off at Christmas anyway (when the baby is due) then will have 2 weeks off after that. Then it's back to work for me. Majority of the kids I look after are after school so as I have to collect my own children anyway, I don't think it will make it a stressful situation to continue working.

I don't want to loose any business as most of my mindees Ive had for years. I also can't afford the drop to maternity pay. I've had a few funny looks about this when I've told people but I'm determined to do this.

Agree with you, I was registered when my baby was 3 weeks old, if i found mindees straight away I would have started, started March instead but its fine but my baby is really good and sleeps through so I'm not tired from sleepless nights

tinkerbelle
13-05-2010, 06:46 AM
im the same as welly belly im due the 4th of december and im working right up to dropping and im only taking the two weeks off then its straight back to work because i work with an assistant it should hopefully be slightly easier for me
i cant afford to drop to MA and loose my income so theres no way im doing it