PDA

View Full Version : Parents do make you laugh....sometimes!

Nicky
26-04-2010, 08:31 AM
This morning little boy dropped off by mum, she casually said oh I put him in underpants yesterday, only a few accidents, he did really well.

I then said oh thats good, have you put some spare clothes in his bag in case? Reply was oh yes some extra things in there.

She then left and after about 10 mins I thought I will just check his bag and see whats in there, now dont start laughing..........in the bag was a rain jacket and a pair of shorts!!!!!!!!!!! Not quite sure what her thinking is! Fingers crossed for a dry day!!!

Oh by the way I do have spare pants and clothes but I would expect when toilet training for parents to provide several extra pairs of underpants and trousers!!! The little ones I have toilet trained before have always come well stocked with extra clothes..almost like they were stopping for a couple of weeks!

What is everyones experience of this?

amirose
26-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Maybe she wanted you to put him in the rain mac - its waterproof afterall :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Jelly Baby
26-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Lol hmm he will look great i'm sure!!..i agree my mindees who i potty train are usually sent with numerous sets of clothes and underwear tbh!
Good luck and hope the day goes ok with him! x

Bushpig
26-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I ask parents to start toilet training a good few days - pref a week if possible (over a holiday or something) - prior to them coming nappy-free to my home. I don't want to run around cleaning up toilet mess in my own home unnecessarily... and 1 day into toilet training, you'll be cleaning up a lot! This sudden change for the little one needs to happen in their home, not yours imo.

Re only giving one pair of shorts.. use them... and the next time there is an accident pop a nappy on them.

aly
26-04-2010, 09:48 AM
Iremember when lew was training and he was goign to nursery i alsways put extra in...and with poppy when she started playgroup in march i put quite a few in just in case !

I would have a word and say look you need at least a few pairs...did she give you extra pants?....if he wees etc id be putting him back in a nappy today and tell mum to provide extra....

nokidshere
26-04-2010, 09:50 AM
I keep spare clothes for toilet training and would put the child in them during the day and send them home in what they came in :D

Rubybubbles
26-04-2010, 10:00 AM
I do have spares but end up not getting them back! So now if the lo wets all clothes I would pop a nappy on:) I get fed up of it TBH!

Not going to bad with lo I have now though:) but had horrors in the past with parents saying fine, but you just know don't you lol

Toothfairy
26-04-2010, 10:44 AM
The last mindee I potty trained, the mum just put in extra vests and tops, no trousers or pants!!! :rolleyes:

Chimps Childminding
26-04-2010, 11:19 AM
I am potty training a mindee at the moment. he comes with a bag full of pants, socks, trousers and shorts!!! I agree if they don't come with spares, put them in a nappy until they do bring spare clothes. What if they have had an accident and you have to go out unexpectedly and they don't have any other clothes to put on??? I would have a word with mum :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
26-04-2010, 11:26 AM
Maybe she wanted you to put him in the rain mac - its waterproof afterall :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

way too funny :laughing: :laughing:

Nicky
26-04-2010, 12:02 PM
Well update....he has done reasonably well, starts to wet and then remembers! I have used my spare underpants and have now put him in a nappy as I feel I have to make a point to mum when she collects him in an hour!

I will be having a word and if tomorrow no spares come he will have to go into a nappy.

As others have said, I dont mind using my spare clothes but when they go home they rarely come back!!!!

little_gems
26-04-2010, 12:08 PM
i'll never forget when i had a mindee her mum decied that morning she was going to start potty trainning as she's ran out of nappies!!!:panic: i explained that we were going out for a day trip which was about 40 min drive away she turned round and said good luck!!!

We had lodas of accidents there was no she was ready. She even pooed in her pants in the middle of the park. GREAT FUN.

the next week mum said she wasn't potty taining any more and LO came with a nappy on.

Bevbeetle
26-04-2010, 12:14 PM
i have a mindee whose been dry since last sep and still wees everyday in middle of floor tryed speaking to parents there answer ...........................he to tired to go toilet :angry: some parents

monkey62
26-04-2010, 12:22 PM
The last mindee I potty trained, the mum just put in extra vests and tops, no trousers or pants!!! :rolleyes:

Yes I had the seems....+ lots of bibs....what for????????????