PDA

View Full Version : mindees photos

sweets
25-04-2010, 07:51 PM
ive got loads on my camera and need to clear it. but i dont know where to put them all. i do use some for observations and learning journals but print them out with just the printer. i did think of getting each child a usb memory stick and putting in their files and add the photos as and when but i have 6 mindees and it would work out quite expensive.

if i put them on cd's instead can i add to it or would they have to go on a new one each time.

just wondered what everyone else does with them?

sarah707
25-04-2010, 07:58 PM
I immediately print what I need and delete the rest so that I am not storing them.

That way I don't need to register with the Information Commissioners Office or I didn't when I last checked :D

sweets
25-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I immediately print what I need and delete the rest so that I am not storing them.

That way I don't need to register with the Information Commissioners Office or I didn't when I last checked :D

they are only stored on my camera and not on the computer. i delete them straight off that once theyve been printed.

i dont want to get them all printed properly as i take a lot and it would be expensive but would like to give them to the mindees parents as a keepsake.

sarah707
25-04-2010, 08:09 PM
Hmmm yes I know what you mean but they are stored on your camera memory stick and you are considering storing them on usb sticks or CDs.

I am not sure where your liability for registering with the ICO starts and ends tbh.

I'd suggest a chat with them just to check :D

http://www.ico.gov.uk/

sweets
25-04-2010, 08:14 PM
i was under the impression that you only need to register if info and photos stored on the computer and i am sticking with that! :)

just wondered what everyone else did with them thats all.

babs
25-04-2010, 08:17 PM
mindees mum brought me a usb stick and i transfer to this everyday or too send it home comes back blank...

green puppy
25-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I also ask my midees parents to provide a usb stick, they take it home when I put a load of new pictures on and put them on to their own computers.

sweets
25-04-2010, 09:09 PM
good idea, thanks will ask them to provide thier own stick :D

PixiePetal
25-04-2010, 09:19 PM

I and all my CM friends have been told if we use digital camera and even like me, print them on personal printer(not on PC) we need to register. I have now and hope they change their minds by next year. Nothing else on PC etc.

They even went off to check and said lots of CM have been asking same question but until it changes we need to register.:(

sonia ann
26-04-2010, 06:14 AM
I and all my CM friends have been told if we use digital camera and even like me, print them on personal printer(not on PC) we need to register. I have now and hope they change their minds by next year. Nothing else on PC etc.

They even went off to check and said lots of CM have been asking same question but until it changes we need to register.:(

registered 2 weeks ago....I was told the digital camera comes under processing inormation:(

The Juggler
26-04-2010, 06:26 AM
registered 2 weeks ago....I was told the digital camera comes under processing inormation:(

To be honest for £35/year I think it's worth covering yourself if you use any form of records or keep even anonymous data on the computer.