PDA

View Full Version : how often do you reinvent your garden and its toys?

newandlearning
25-04-2010, 06:30 PM
hi everyone..

with all this talk of playouses I begin to look closer at my stuff .. and everything I have in the garden is getting really bleached by the sun...

how often do you change your playhouse, sand pit, trampoline etc etc.?

part of me would love nice shiny stuff and part of me thinks just give
everything a good wash and be happy with what I have...

what do you do? I spent a lot of money last year and feel I really do
need to using my income on getting ride of my credit card debt from my
spending sprees last year :blush: :blush:

miss mopple
25-04-2010, 06:37 PM
I am looking at my garden at the moment as part of my self evaluation, but Im not looking to reinvent as such, just enhance what I have. So for example I have printed signs etc for the wendy house to convert into more role play opportunities, am putting indoor stuff outdoors etc. I am looking to enhance by adding a few mirrors, windchimes, kids art work etc. I am also adding a bag of den building stuff,and some guttering for channeling, but that will be used with a variety of stuff like cars, water, balls etc.

The ride ons etc I have had for ages but they still work so Im not changing them. I do things like put a gazebo up, bubble machine and a car wash sign so the kids play with the same old toys is varied.

Pipsqueak
25-04-2010, 07:31 PM
Same as MissM, I enhance stuff mainly. If its still got life in it then we still use it. If it needs a lick of paint or some stickers on it to jazz it up then thats what it gets.

amandavin
26-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I have done in the past and now I think I have the garden about right. I have a play area covered with bark that has the sand pit, slide and seesaw on. This weekend I have reseeded the lawn and we are fed up with patching it. I'll be without it for three weeks but needs must. I wash the sandpit, slide and ride ons. I really don't earn enough to replace stuff unless it is actually broken.