PDA

View Full Version : Help with CRB & OFSTED please

Mrs Pootle
25-04-2010, 02:17 PM
I would really appreciate some help please as I am not sure what I should be doing next. I have done the courses my Early Years specified, 1st aid, DHC and I was going to slowly get my house organised & have my pre-reg etc as I was not in any rush to start minding.
Anyway, to cut a long story short I have had an enquiry for afterschool care from Sept and the child is under 8 yrs old. Do I need to get my forms off straight away, Do I need to apply for CRB & Doctors report before I have pre-reg visit?
I suddenly feel confused about what to do next, although I have considered childminding for the last few years, it is all suddenly becoming a reality.:panic:
All help very much appreciated, thanks.

green puppy
25-04-2010, 02:23 PM
Send off your application form to ofsed, they need to check your identity and countersign the disclosure form before it is sent to the crb for checks, this is done at your pre reg visit. You can then get the medical form signed by your doctor. It took me 12 weeks from pre reg visit to receiving my certificate, sometimes it can take longer so I guess the sooner you start the better! Good luck.

benharjac
25-04-2010, 04:44 PM
i had my pre reg visit a few weeks ago and she took away the crb forms. the doctors forms took a while to complete so get them in asap. good luck:jump for joy:

Mrs Pootle
26-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'm still abit stuck though as my house isn't ready for the pre-reg visit. I guess I'll just have to get on with sorting things out. :panic: