PDA

View Full Version : Photos for childrens learning journal

Mrs.L.C
25-04-2010, 10:49 AM
In the past I have only put photos of the child in their learning journal but recently I have been thinking, should I be adding photos of them working in pairs or groups etc - therefore having other minded children in the photo.

What do you all do?

Was thinking of adding this to my consent forms

To allow photographs of my child to be taken in a group setting. These photos may be added to another child’s learning journal or daily diary

huggableshelly
25-04-2010, 11:02 AM
if you add other childrens pics to differ LJ's you willneed to blur out or black out faces or have childrens backs to the camera so face can not be seen.

I do add pics of group play and aim to get backs of others so its trial and error with your camera skills to get what you want but keep ID safe.

I use group pics on displays where perents and children can see but they are not sent home, they get placed in a scrapbook for the children to access at all times and see themselves with their friends.

green puppy
25-04-2010, 11:03 AM
I have a mixture of individual, pairs, groups, some even have my dp and dd in. Ask permission first from the parents of mindees to make sure they are ok with you using photos of their children in other childrens learning journeys.

Mrs.L.C
25-04-2010, 11:04 AM
I use group pics on displays where perents and children can see but they are not sent home, they get placed in a scrapbook for the children to access at all times and see themselves with their friends.

We do this atm but like the idea of a seperate scrap book with all photos in that is kept here

green puppy
25-04-2010, 11:07 AM
It can be good to show photos of them with others in lj to show them making relationships and working confidently in a group etc..... as part of their development. My learning journeys are more like memory books so to have pictures of them with others is nice for them to look back on aswell.

mushpea
25-04-2010, 11:35 AM
several of the photos in our learning journeys show pics of all the children together as i think its nice for the parents to see they are playing with the other children and nice for the children to have that memory, I have a general photo permision form which asks that i can use photos in my work and i dont blank out the other childrens faces, i dont name the other children in the jounels though

singlewiththree
25-04-2010, 02:11 PM
I have permission from all parents to include the other minded children as they like to see the other children they play with and as they get to keep this Learning journey it will be nice for them to see it when they are older.

Chimps Childminding
25-04-2010, 04:35 PM
I have permission from all parents to include the other minded children as they like to see the other children they play with and as they get to keep this Learning journey it will be nice for them to see it when they are older.

Same here! don't see the point in blurring out faces etc. all my parents know all the other children anyway, so seems silly going to that trouble, plus as said it will be nice for the children when they leave to look back at the photos of the children they used to play with!! I also have permission to name children in the other children's Learning Journals :thumbsup: