PDA

View Full Version : Mobile sink unit - any one got one?

essexgirl1967
25-04-2010, 07:59 AM
I really need to get a mobile sink unit for my downstairs toilet. It used to be an outside toilet connected to a shed, but OH built a little corridor to join it onto house, turned the shed into a utility room and the corridor now has shelves up the walls for all my toy storage. Ideal for childminding as it stops all the kids traipsing through the house, playing on stairs etc when they need to use the toilet. However, there is absolutely no room for a proper sink, and no pipes that we can see to connect it anyway. Have seen this http://www.tts-group.co.uk/Product.aspx?cref=TTSPR1590694 in a catalogue which looks ideal as it could sit in the corridor outside the toilet, has anyone got it or anything similar, as it a lot of money if its useless. At the moment I have a bowl of hot soapy water on top of the cistern for the kids to wash their hands in which isnt ideal but better than nothing. Thanks x

Toothfairy
25-04-2010, 08:52 AM
I don't have a mobile sink but I found this one for you.
It maybe a bit basic as it is intended for the garden but you may be able to adapt it.

www.just-green.com/2142/just-green-mobile-garden-sink.html?referrer=froogle&utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=pid2142

Mouse
25-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I posted a similar question the other day and got some good suggestions.

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=57600&highlight=outside+ideas

I'm thinking of getting the Kiddiwash as we'd be able to take it out & about with us as well. Was saying to DH that we could even take it oh hols so we could wash our hands after a day on the beach!

essexgirl1967
25-04-2010, 09:52 AM
thanks for that, somehow missed the similar thread. That kiddiwash looks fab, just showed OH who always questions why we need more stuff, and he is impressed! Am trying to be very disciplined and spend 10% of my earnings each month on resources so looks like this is my end of April's spend lol x

Heaven Scent
25-04-2010, 03:37 PM
I bought the kiddiwah one mentioned in the other thread - I got it at the exhibition in Manchester yesterday - I only paid £50.00 because it was in the "old colours" and they had 6 left to sell off - it comes with a holder for paper towels and a holder and pump bottle for liquid soap these attach to the sides - its really neat and compact and will be brill for taking on trips out to parks & farms so children can wash their hands with warm water at a clean sink before eating a picnic or after handling animals - all you need to do is pack a bottle of cold water and a flask of warm water and fill it as required - when the water collection tray gets full you just detach it and empty it out like a condenser bottle in a tumble dryer. I really think its brill especially if it saves LO's traipsing through the house to wash their hands in the summer. Brill too for keeping beside the BBQ to prevent cross contamination when handling raw and cooked meats etc.

Best send this to the manufacturers and they can pay me commission if you buy one. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Mouse
25-04-2010, 03:58 PM
Great review..thank you!

Perhaps you should have bought all 6 in Manchester & sold them on to us at a profit!

Heaven Scent
25-04-2010, 04:07 PM
Great review..thank you!

Perhaps you should have bought all 6 in Manchester & sold them on to us at a profit!

Should have really - not sure that my bank account would have stood it though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PixiePetal
25-04-2010, 05:50 PM
Should have really - not sure that my bank account would have stood it though :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I would def have liked one at that price, as if the colour matters!

Better start saving up and look out for a sale :rolleyes: