PDA

View Full Version : Which Play House?

helenlc
24-04-2010, 10:26 PM
Ok, so I have a large wooden playhouse but am going to invest in a smaller plastic one for the little ones (the wooden one really is big and geared towards my own children ie much older than mindees).

My current mindees are aged 2 yrs 3 mths, almost 2 yrs and almost 1 yr old.

I have narrowed my choice down to these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3682834.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3683060/Trail/searchtext%3EVILLA+PLAYHOUSE.htm

I like the character of the first one but like the look of more space in the second one. I am not sure that the layout of the first one is that practical for 2 or 3 children wanting to play in it at the same time (altho they probably wont but want to be sure they can if they choose to).

The space I have ear marked in the garden means that I dont want the play house to be that square - I want it to be wider and not so deep, iyswim?

Daddy Day Care
24-04-2010, 10:41 PM
I prefer the look of the first one, but it does say 3+ id be worried that an accident happened in it and i wouldnt be insured.

The 2nd one as you say looks like it has more space and id be happier because it says 2+

Gareth
xx

helenlc
24-04-2010, 10:50 PM
I prefer the look of the first one, but it does say 3+ id be worried that an accident happened in it and i wouldnt be insured.

The 2nd one as you say looks like it has more space and id be happier because it says 2+

Gareth
xx

Yes, I get paranoid about these age suitabilities too after reading about the poor minder with the trampoline.

But I do wonder what is on the first one that makes it 3+ that isnt on the second one that is 2+ ??

Ooh I dont know:panic:

huggableshelly
25-04-2010, 06:42 AM
the first one is much nicer BUT

not as tall so slightly older children would struggle to play along side the younger children.

it is aimed at 3+ rather than 2+ as the second one

it has alot more detail which means more scrubbing to get the winter muck off it (not an issue if you own a jet washer) and will most likely fade in the sun

the 2nd one may go yellow in the sun over time but less colour on it so will not fade as fast. It is taller to allow slightly bigger children in to play ( i know you have the wooden one but big kiddies love smiller kiddies toys too).

I use pop up tents and beach tents all different sizes only pain is having to set them otu each day but morning mindees help so they are done before little uns arrive. - pors can move around the garden quick to pack away and not a permiment item taking up scooting space for older mindees.
OH AND fit inside in the colder months and inside the wooden playhouse too!

Tam's Tribe
25-04-2010, 06:44 AM
I like them both . . . my 9 year old says the first one, my 5 year old says the second one but I think he is being swayed by the picnic table :laughing:

But I think if it was my choice, I would get the one that says for 2+ and picnic table.

I want this one . . .

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9218957&fh_view_size=10&fh_start_index=20&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3 C{9372012}%2fcategories%3C{9372022}%2fcategories%3 C{9372071}&fh_refview=lister&ts=1272177794161&isSearch=false

sarah32
25-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Another childminder I know has the 2nd one and all ages play in it upto 9 years of age, lovely size.

Mookins
25-04-2010, 08:02 AM
We had this problem when buying for my dd for her birthday ended up choosing the one which was taller...although not as much space but new would last longer as she grew:)

x x x

fionamal
25-04-2010, 08:13 AM
I would say the 2nd one too, looks more sturdy for some reason and less bright colours to fade in the sun.

I had one similar to the first one and after 1 year it had all faded and looked awful plus the door fell off and Im sure it had a flowers for the window pots too that eventually got snapped

angel9199
25-04-2010, 08:43 AM
I like the first house, it looks a bit stronger.
I got one a few months ago and it is a hit with the kids they all love it
http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Outdoor-and-Sports/Playhouses-and-Tents/Playhouses/Little-Tikes-Garden-Cottage%280022201%29

helenlc
25-04-2010, 11:15 AM
Well, I have decided on this one:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9218957&fh_view_size=10&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3 c%7b9372012%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372022%7d%2fcate gories%3c%7b9372071%7d%2fspecificationsProductType %3dplastic_playhouses&fh_refview=lister&ts=1272193426122&isSearch=false

I prefer the size of it like the second one, but I also like that it is brown, so it will blend with the fence a bit better.

Off to pick it up now!!!:clapping: :clapping:

~Chelle~
25-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Good choice, I saw that one in B&Q a little while ago and they looked great.

I was very lucky to get one of these:-

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-4431.aspx

I got it from a mindees playgroup as they had received funding for a garden makeover. It only cost me £20 and apart from a small hole (which I did taking it apart :blush: ) it was in great condition :clapping: :clapping:

Dont forget to show us piccies.

PixiePetal
25-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Good choice, I saw that one in B&Q a little while ago and they looked great.

I was very lucky to get one of these:-

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.205-4431.aspx

I got it from a mindees playgroup as they had received funding for a garden makeover. It only cost me £20 and apart from a small hole (which I did taking it apart :blush: ) it was in great condition :clapping: :clapping:

Dont forget to show us piccies.

I paid my friend £90 for her tikes log cabin, a small cube slide and a roundabout thing :thumbsup:

Scrubbed it up this afternoon and just put it on the slabs DH has placed for it. Looks good - one more thing in the garden sorted, now to attack the stinging nettles!

WibbleWobble
25-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Ok, so I have a large wooden playhouse but am going to invest in a smaller plastic one for the little ones (the wooden one really is big and geared towards my own children ie much older than mindees).

My current mindees are aged 2 yrs 3 mths, almost 2 yrs and almost 1 yr old.

I have narrowed my choice down to these:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3682834.htm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3683060/Trail/searchtext%3EVILLA+PLAYHOUSE.htm

I like the character of the first one but like the look of more space in the second one. I am not sure that the layout of the first one is that practical for 2 or 3 children wanting to play in it at the same time (altho they probably wont but want to be sure they can if they choose to).

The space I have ear marked in the garden means that I dont want the play house to be that square - I want it to be wider and not so deep, iyswim?

i have the second one....it was free and i dont look any gift horses in mouths as they say :laughing:

love mandy x

helenlc
25-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Well I got to the store and they had none in stock despite me phoning an hour before and them having 5:rolleyes: . The man said that the computers update the amount of stock at the end of each day and so thats why it showed them as having some in. He said the best bet is to ask somebody to go and physically look for how many they have in stock.

They are getting more in tomorrow so I shall phone and reserve one before going to get it!!

WibbleWobble
25-04-2010, 04:09 PM
flippin eck!

i hope it wanst a long drive!

mandy x

twise
25-04-2010, 05:46 PM
I have the first one being delivered on Wednesday of this week so ill tell you what its like if you want.

I am searching for a new playhouse too and keep being outbid for them on ebay cos there are a fair view bargains to be had, however I gave up in the end and plumped for the argos villa....we shall see if i made the right choice.

tracy

Tam's Tribe
25-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Well, I have decided on this one:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/nav.jsp?action=detail&fh_secondid=9218957&fh_view_size=10&fh_eds=%3f&fh_location=%2f%2fcatalog01%2fen_GB%2fcategories%3 c%7b9372012%7d%2fcategories%3c%7b9372022%7d%2fcate gories%3c%7b9372071%7d%2fspecificationsProductType %3dplastic_playhouses&fh_refview=lister&ts=1272193426122&isSearch=false

I prefer the size of it like the second one, but I also like that it is brown, so it will blend with the fence a bit better.

Off to pick it up now!!!:clapping: :clapping:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

YAY . . . You chose the one I like . . . let me know what you think as I so want this for all my kiddies!!!

helenlc
25-04-2010, 08:44 PM
The store wasnt too far - and I went in the Asda Living next door and mouched around there so wasnt a wasted journey really!!!:laughing:

I am hoping to be able to get it Monday or Tuesday.

Am also going to get some of those black rubber mats to go underneath it too so it doesnt get too muddy in there!!

I will let you know what the LOs make of it Tam!!

ORKSIE
26-04-2010, 06:41 AM
Hope yopu get one soon:clapping:
and there's me thinking you were moving:blush: :D

helenlc
26-04-2010, 11:53 AM
Hope yopu get one soon:clapping:
and there's me thinking you were moving:blush: :D

All my friends who saw it on FB were like Whats going on?? this morning!!!:laughing:

twise
28-04-2010, 09:44 PM
My grand villa from Argos was delivered today and within 20 mins of taking it out of the box I was on the phone to Argos to come and pick it up. It is not the same quality as Little Tikes, I had one made of the same plastic a little while ago and one of my sons friends slipped and put his foot right through the plastic wall. The plastic of the house itself is really flimsy and thin not robust and thick like little tikes. As my husband was putting it together it started to split and bend and none of the pieces seemed to fit snugly.

I was so disappointed as it looked really sturdy on the website...never mind you live and learn .

Tracy