PDA

View Full Version : Why, Oh why do I do it to myself??

bekki0405
24-04-2010, 07:06 PM
I had a visit yesterday by a couple looking for a space for their son on a Friday afternoon. All the common sense in the world told me to say no, I don't work Fridays, this is my day with my son. Also the time isn't great for me personally, 1-6pm. However, I have been desperate for children for a while, and all of a sudden have had a whole batch of enquiries with 2 new one starting soon. So I was on a roll, and thought 'well one more, just for one afternoon, in can't hurt'
The couple were enthusiatic, especially the lady. She wanted to complete the form there and then, and asked for her son to start next Fri. but I had college, so I let her take it home with her. Her in laws live a couple of doors away, and they had a party there today, so she said she would post it through the door.
I was still wrestling with the whoe Friday thing, but in September I'm losing 2 children so I thought I would changed my day off.
So today, the girl in question walks past me and my house without looking at me, and then walked back past again when I was in my house, and deliberately turned her head away as if I wouldn't realise it was her.
I have her number, but to be honest I don't think I can be bothered.

What irks me though, is I gave her a pack of forms to fill in, and so i have lost those again. Stupid woman that I am, I have made a rule, through previous experience, that all forms must be filled in at my house, and I broke my own rule.
I'm a sensible woman, so why do I keep making this mistake. Well I will NOT do that EVER again.
And breathe...............:angry:

karen m
24-04-2010, 07:45 PM
really annoys when they do this,recently had woman last month asked if she could take copy of all my policies to read thoroughly ,was eager so said yes called next day saying had found minder nearer her home ,don't have problem with that asked if she could return policies was told "if she was passing as quite far from her house" :angry:

funfunfun
24-04-2010, 09:30 PM
really annoys when they do this,recently had woman last month asked if she could take copy of all my policies to read thoroughly ,was eager so said yes called next day saying had found minder nearer her home ,don't have problem with that asked if she could return policies was told "if she was passing as quite far from her house" :angry:

Id only give myn out when the sign up , have a folder with all my paperwork in (advised by beccas) show them so they can have a flick though

Give them a leaflet with fees hours contact info & take there info for a call back .

if they are happy to sign there and then i would give them a copy maybe via email copy protected

monkey62
24-04-2010, 09:35 PM
I'm really sorry to hear that, so you know what you have to do from now.
I always give the forms( permision, handbook) to be sign after we sign a contract and I have taken a deposit.
Also I always have my first meeting with a parents or any meeting which involve papers in the evening( when I don't have any mindee, my own kids are in a bed) so parents can read all the policy and I don't need to give to them at home a full pack.

Desi-101
24-04-2010, 09:54 PM
I stupidly sent my policies two weeks ago via email!! she said she works for mobile phone company which is just off our village, in the office, and is going back to work on 16 April!! half the kids in our village work there... only to find out they are moving at end of month as my future son in law works there!! she came the same day he found out!!! so I think I was scammed as I think she is busy registereing as a minder I got her address its 10 miles away!! I've spent the last year gathering it all up from this forum with hints and stuff but it takes time. If she had only said I would have helped her no questions asked!! I know loads of ppl at the place and not one person knows her at all so am feeling kinda duped!:mad:

monkey62
24-04-2010, 09:59 PM
I stupidly sent my policies two weeks ago via email!! she said she works for mobile phone company which is just off our village, in the office, and is going back to work on 16 April!! half the kids in our village work there... only to find out they are moving at end of month as my future son in law works there!! she came the same day he found out!!! so I think I was scammed as I think she is busy registereing as a minder I got her address its 10 miles away!! I've spent the last year gathering it all up from this forum with hints and stuff but it takes time. If she had only said I would have helped her no questions asked!! I know loads of ppl at the place and not one person knows her at all so am feeling kinda duped!:mad:

Unfortunately are lots of people out there who will use dirty tricks to get other peoples work for free. Is hard not to get annoyed when you see this kind of attitude. At least you learn something for a future

bekki0405
26-04-2010, 06:19 PM

Oh no. that's awful. I'm sorry about that. I'm far too soft for my own good. The lady in question has called me now, and explained she is in a bit of financial bother, and so can't start her son with me now. She will see how things are next month, and see if I have a space. If not, she said she will post the blank form back. I told her I appreciated her honesty. I will still stick to my rule from now on. Once bitten.....

miffy
26-04-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh no. that's awful. I'm sorry about that. I'm far too soft for my own good. The lady in question has called me now, and explained she is in a bit of financial bother, and so can't start her son with me now. She will see how things are next month, and see if I have a space. If not, she said she will post the blank form back. I told her I appreciated her honesty. I will still stick to my rule from now on. Once bitten.....

I'm glad you know what happened but sorry it's not worked out for you this time.

Fingers crossed you get some more work soon

Miffy xx

miffy
26-04-2010, 08:22 PM

That is annoying but not the first time I've heard of something like that happening.

Hope you get some genuine enquiries soon

Miffy xx