PDA

View Full Version : Fire Safety Tip

Bernie
24-04-2010, 05:06 PM
Hi,

I had a visit from a couple of lovely firemen today :blush: . They were doing a free home safety check and gave me a lovely little bit of fire safety advise I thought it would be worth sharing with you.

They said if you shut all your internal doors when you go to bed, if a fire does break out while you are asleep they will hold fire back for at least 20 mins. The gap under the door will still let smoke through to set off you fire alarm to wake you up, but if the door is kept shut it should hold the fire back enough to give you enough time to leave your house safely.

Jen :thumbsup:

sarak31
24-04-2010, 05:15 PM
very jealous you had a visit from firemen!!! :D

monkey62
24-04-2010, 06:02 PM
OOOOO Fireman...I like fireman........where they nice

Bernie
24-04-2010, 06:12 PM
They were very kind and helpful. But not in full uniform.

angiemog
24-04-2010, 06:50 PM
A good piece of advice..... thank you x

WibbleWobble
24-04-2010, 09:56 PM
i had two lovely fire men visit me a couple of weeks ago...OH was in the house and he never left my side....i wonder why???:blush: :blush:

Toothfairy
25-04-2010, 08:26 AM
Thanks for the advice :thumbsup:

Shame about not being in uniform :blush: :D

TheBTeam
25-04-2010, 08:37 AM
Thanks for this, I always shut my doors except my bedroom door which is ajar at night.

Also to say when i had my last ofsted inspection she actually went upstairs and checked that all my bedroom doors were shut, she then opened them and popped her head round, but seemed to think it was important that they were shut. I do have my doors shut upstairs during the day but this is cos i dont want the mindees looking in!

I am registered that my childrens bedrooms can be used by invitation.

caz3007
25-04-2010, 05:07 PM
We keep our doors shut and have smoke alarms in all the bedrooms too, it was something I did before I was a CM, cos was worried about a fire breaking out in the kids rooms and them not waking up

I can see the fire station from my house and a fireman used to live a few doors away from me. They used to use his house for their training and practices, I used to stand in my lounge and watch :) :)

Many years ago I had a fling with a fireman, god he was fit :clapping: