PDA

View Full Version : How many photos do you include?

mummyjo
24-04-2010, 04:33 PM
I am just doing my weekly catch up of the learning journeys and I have a lot of photos- in fact mostly photos with some obs, individual planning and samples of art work. I relate all my photos to the areas of learning and development and also ages and stages of development.

So my question is am I doing this right? Can I just pop in photos like this and relate them to an area as evidence? And- do I need to put next steps against these?

monkey62
24-04-2010, 06:12 PM
Sorry but I can't help, I'm lost in all this observation...planning, etc.

Mollymop
24-04-2010, 09:17 PM
There is no right or wrong way of doing obs and photos - it sounds to me like you are fdoing really well.

I myself, like you, put my evidence of obs in my learning journals separate and link them by putting underneath the ob "see photo dated 12.12.09"- I have no room on my obs sheet for pictures that is why I link them to the photos I put in their journals.

I also, every few months or so, put photos in the learning journal on a few free pages and write underneath what the date was, what they were doing, etc

I don't add photos of "next steps" although a next step could be a new observation = so yes take a picture and add it if you do obs on your next steps

Sounds like you are doing fab

huggableshelly
25-04-2010, 06:56 AM
I do a mix of everything.

with pics for example last wk we dug compost filled plant pots planted seeds, watered then changed to water and compost play (very messy).

I took pics constantly and will print them out as 3x5 size then place on on coloured thin paper - like scrapbook paper, talk to the mindde add comments she has made about her pics then link with a post-it note to the EYFS goal adding a next step at the bottom of the page which for this is to encourage child to record the plants progress by using a camera and mark making tools!

I aim not to write long obs as they are boring to read through so my LJ's are short statements with quick monthly updates and tuns of pics that the mindees can take home and share with parents.

sarah707
25-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Sometimes I have lots of photos... sometimes less.

parents love to see them and will look at them rather than reading all the information.

I think if you are happy with your printing costs and parents are happy with your learning journeys, then you're doing a good job and should stop worrying! :D