PDA

View Full Version : for those who have conservatorys

mushpea
24-04-2010, 03:46 PM
when you had your conservatory built did you have to inform ofsted of the building work? how long did it take to build and did ofsted have to come out and check it or did you risk asses it and send them a letter? also did you have to deem your garden out of bounds whilst it was being built?

little_gems
24-04-2010, 06:21 PM
sorry i cant help but im sure someone will come along with the answer soon

bekki0405
24-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Yes you are obliged to inform them of any building work you have done. You will need to risk assess before during and after.
An Ofsted inspector pulled a childminder in our area up for not informing them of her garden being relaid, even though she had it done over her holiday, when the children weren't even there

sonia ann
24-04-2010, 07:12 PM
when you had your conservatory built did you have to inform ofsted of the building work?
I gave them a ring to let them know,then put it in writing and sent them a risk assessment of how i would care for the children whilst it was going on

how long did it take to build
2weeks

and did ofsted have to come out and check it
no

or did you risk asses it and send them a letter?
sent them a new risk assessment for the conservatory which was enough

also did you have to deem your garden out of bounds whilst it was being built?
It was safer to:)

if you want to see my risk assessment pm me your e-mail xx

twiggy
25-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I'm having my old lean to conservatory replaced with a new conservatory on Monday or Tuesday. I have emailed Ofsted the details and risk assessment explaining that all the work is external. Builders will gain assess via the garage and the garden will not be used by the children whilst the work is in progress. I am still awaiting their reply but have a copy of the email just in case there is any query.