PDA

View Full Version : Bit Odd

Pipsqueak
23-04-2010, 06:32 PM
My neighbour has just popped round to say she has just had a phone call from the council asking about childcare and does she have any children there.
Now FIS/Council have my full contact details and my number is no where near the same as my neighbours - doesn't even start with the same number.

The council offices and FIS close at 4.30 on a Friday as well.

I checked the number and its an 0845 number. I have tried ringing it and it rings, answers, goes blank as if its gone to an answermachine and then clicks off.

I have tried matching it up on the saynoto08numbers to find the alternative and there is no match.

Something is telling me this is really odd and seems wierdly coincidental. My neighbour often has my youngest in tow at the weekends and she is always popping in and out of mine. The only thing that shows me as a minder is a small decal on the car windows (which is currently parked outside her house - but it has my home numbers). My neighbour will often walk with us to the park/shops etc when I am minding too.

I didn't want to worry my neighbour so I haven't said too much as she is in her 70's (but a very active 'young' lady).

Am i over reacting about this? Would you find it odd?

WibbleWobble
23-04-2010, 06:34 PM
very odd....

some odd folk out there! Be on the look out

mandy xxx

Minstrel
23-04-2010, 06:37 PM
pip PM me the number- i have a checker and can see if its on there hun x

Mookins
23-04-2010, 06:37 PM
If its made you feel a bit out of sorts then yes you are probably right
always trust your gut instinct its there for a reason

is your local cm head office open still?, or open tomorrow I would contact them or maybe even Ofsted them selves they must have a helpline?

x x x

The Juggler
23-04-2010, 06:38 PM
it's a bit odd. but they called your neighbour - how would they get her number. There are some strange things/people around at the moment but I wouldn't worry too much. They were maybe a parent trying to find out if she had children with you to try and get a recommendation from her about how good your childcare was.