PDA

View Full Version : Hmm have i opened my mouth too soon?!

Jelly Baby
23-04-2010, 03:45 PM
Thought i was doing a good deed and not sure now!

The boys i have..i MAY lose when the twins start but at the mo everything is as normal. They will get the correct notice and a lot more if i do what i plan to do though. It is not impossible though just a thought.

There is another CM at my school (only one) who tends not to deal with the same town as me but thought ide ask just incase! So tonight i grabbed her and asked her IF i give up the boys can she do it..(i would rather have back up for mum then to leave her in the lurch)..she said no as car full..i said no worries and then she started saying i earnt more than her..i said 'did i i didnt know what she earnt'! and it ended up in her saying she would give up her 3 day a week mindee for these boys as it is more money and far less work..kept saying 'sure you want to give this up'..i said 'at the mo no but will see how it goes and let you know'.

I am now concerened she is going to try and undercut me or something as started asking if their mum was ever at school etc..hmm..then id'e be hacked off..can't stand people doing this tbh when i was trying to do something nice!

So me and dh have decided a 4 week trial from the date of the twins and decide then..i am going to ring her later and explain before she gives her mindee up in excitement.

Do you ever pass over work and then regret it!!

Daftbat
23-04-2010, 04:03 PM
I did pass one child on to another minder as i couldn't physically do what was needed logistically. However, i do regret it in some ways - i have seen the parents and it has been obvious they are not happy. Its really difficult and since that happened i am loathe to either recommend someone in the first place or lose children to others either - i thought i was doing everyone a good turn at the time!

As for your circumstance - its quite difficult, you asked an open and honest question with a view to helping a parent and it may back fire. I would contact the minder and make it clear that you are not looking to change your commitments at the moment.

miffy
23-04-2010, 04:10 PM
I would contact the minder and make it clear that you are not looking to change your commitments at the moment.

I agree with this.

I have had another minder undercut me to take work and it's not a nice experience.

Hope you can nip this in the bud

Miffy xx

Jelly Baby
23-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Grr see i did it to be nice, just to help the mum IF i decided to do it..and what happens..hmm always look after no 1 i say!
Ill call her now.
Thanks x

Jelly Baby
23-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Well left a message and she rung me back. I just explained that we were going to trial it for a month and go from there but IF i decided it was too much i would pass it on quite happily. She was very appreciative of the work and said what a miminal amount of work ti was for good money..i said i knew and that's why it was good to have them! but i said 'please dont lose any mindees in hope just yet as i would feel awful'.
So mid june i will know how it is all going!

TammyN
23-04-2010, 08:18 PM
i have just gave notice on a mindee and passed them onto another childminder, i will be helping parents to settle child with play dates at cm's setting as we are friends and i know she will be great for the family where i can't supply the service, she can:) it will be strange as we meet at groups but im sure it will work out.
she's upped her fee's in line with me too :clapping: so she owes me 1 big time, he he.

Jelly Baby
23-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Aww Tammy glad its worked out well for you.

This is a very simple swap over if it happens as just school runs. The boys are quite old too so all is well there..although had the youngest for years so a bit sad for me! I think the oney was quite an eye opener for her as i charge a lot more so she was pleased about that!
We will see.
Thanks x

Curly Quavers
23-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Next time (if you have a next time) don't make the other minder aware of the family and why you are asking. A simply do you have spaces on such a day will do.

Jelly Baby
25-04-2010, 07:01 AM
Next time (if you have a next time) don't make the other minder aware of the family and why you are asking. A simply do you have spaces on such a day will do.

It would be very hard as she sees me every day with them and you know what its like when someone gets into conversation with you and you say more than you really want to!
Yeah next time though i will just say..maybe nothing!!
Thanks for the reply x