PDA

View Full Version : free 12.5 hours childcare???

applesmum
21-03-2008, 09:19 PM
HI all

Just got my certificate so very pleased indeed!!!:clapping:

However my first enquiry just said she won't be taking enquiry any further :(

She asked lots of questions I didn't really know how to respond to - one being whether when her child turned 2 could she use her government vouchers with me - I told her I didn't think she could but that I would be more than happy to drop off and collect at a nursery of her choice in the area....now I'm thinking that I gave her that answer without even looking into it - was I right or wrong???? :confused:

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

x x x

miffy
21-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Well done on getting your certificate

I thought the free childcare only started from when the child turned 3 not 2

Don't think you did anything wrong but if you don't know the answer to a question it's best to say you'll find out for them

miffy xx

katickles
21-03-2008, 09:26 PM
Hi - sorry i'm not to sure about this one. As far as i know(although could be so wrong!?!) you need to be appoved before accepting the vouchers. Like i said i am probably wrong & someone will be along soon to correct me - just wanted to say good luck though!:)

applesmum
21-03-2008, 09:31 PM
Thanks for your responses - I had it in my head that you had to have the quality first qualification - I don't know where I thought I'd read it so it may just be in my imagination!!! :blush:

Blaze
21-03-2008, 09:34 PM
You have to be accredited to offer free places under the government voucher scheme.
I'm sure you'll have more enquires soon, so don't worry about it!
Tasha:)

katickles
21-03-2008, 09:36 PM
You have to be accredited to offer free places under the government voucher scheme.
I'm sure you'll have more enquires soon, so don't worry about it!
Tasha:)

Woops - thats what i meant accredited not approved!!:blush: :blush:

aly
21-03-2008, 09:53 PM
it's when the child turns 3, not 2!!

Pipsqueak
21-03-2008, 10:15 PM
In some places there is a scheme (I am sure I read somewhere) offering free 2year old places - think it was a pilot.

manjay
21-03-2008, 10:18 PM
In some places there is a scheme (I am sure I read somewhere) offering free 2year old places - think it was a pilot.

We have these available in what are classed as "disadvantaged" areas

amanda xx

Pipsqueak
21-03-2008, 10:53 PM
That might be what I have heard about then 'jay

sarah707
22-03-2008, 08:42 AM
Congratulations on registering... you didn't say anything wrong and I wouldn't worry about not getting the first child who comes your way... it sounds like the mother was looking for something different and just checking out alternatives... they do that a lot.

Good luck with the next one :D

MissTinkerbell
22-03-2008, 12:18 PM
You can get funding from 2 for children. My friend has just got it for her twins and they start nursery April 9th, they will be 2 on 31st March. I asked the health visitor and to get funding from 2 you either need a history of depression or be in a deprived area. - then the Government will fund free childcare from the term after which the child turns 2.

Mollymop
22-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Just wanted to say sorry you get the child. I hope somethig else comes along soon X

LittleMissSparkles
22-03-2008, 12:22 PM
I think it is aged 3 as Amy has just missed out on the funding for 3 year olds by 1 day you have to be 3 by 31st March and she is 3 on 1st April, also agree with Sarah you have to be accredited to accept govenment vouchers and I for one will not be doing this as i dont have enough hours in the week for myself and my family as it is without extra work towards accreditation xxx

good luck and congratulations on getting your certificate xxx

deeb66
22-03-2008, 12:35 PM
It is currently 3 across the country at the moment. There are plans to reduce this to 2 but not yet.

They are running pilot schemes across the country and offered the entitlement to poorer/deprived areas or as Meggiemoo says someone who needs the additional help.

Congratulations on becoming registered - Hope the phone keeps ringing for you!