PDA

View Full Version : Almost there!! .... CRB arrived this morning!

button68
12-12-2007, 04:28 PM
Well this is a nice new home isn't it :so happy: *buttons pulls on cumfy slippers*

Well after 6 weeks after my CRB went in and over 9 weeks since my Pre-reg visit I have today finally got my CRB disclosure back ........... now just got to wait on DH's :angry:

I may see if he will phone and badger them as I have a mum wanting to start on 7th January and I fear Ofsted will come to a grinding halt very soon - I need that certificate ASAP

Raggydolls
12-12-2007, 05:53 PM
have u got your proper certificate from ofsted, and do u have your insurance sorted? just wondering coz if u dont u might have one disappointed mum as ive been told the insurance takes at least 4 weeks to come thru. im still waiting for my crb's to come thru then i will get my ofsted certificate and only then will i get my insurance start up pack (thru my start up grant ) :-( such a long process

leanne
xx

button68
12-12-2007, 06:24 PM
have u got your proper certificate from ofsted, and do u have your insurance sorted? just wondering coz if u dont u might have one disappointed mum as ive been told the insurance takes at least 4 weeks to come thru. im still waiting for my crb's to come thru then i will get my ofsted certificate and only then will i get my insurance start up pack (thru my start up grant ) :-( such a long process

leanne
xx

I'll still be waiting on my certificate from Ofsted - but that is all hanging on DH's CRB :(

I didn't know the insurance took so long to come through I must admit I thought I could activate it over the phone (like car insurance:blush: )

I lady on my ICP course said that her Certificate came through about 10 days after her CRB disclosure.

littlesprogs
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
i already have my insirance in place and it really didnt take that long to come through maybe 3-4 days if that.

Hope you get your certificate soon :)

berkschick
13-12-2007, 09:28 AM
Hi,

I am in the same position as you only the other way round! My husbands CRB came back last Thursday but no sign of mine yet. Maybe we should swop hubbies for a while, at least you could get started then :D

On my pre reg inspection, Ofsted told me that the insurance works in the same way as car insurance and that you can get a cover note faxed and start minding with that. I dont know if that is right or not but it is what I was told!

I too have a mindee lined up for 14th January so I am keeping everything crossed for both of us.

Love

Debbie

button68
13-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I am in the same position as you only the other way round! My husbands CRB came back last Thursday but no sign of mine yet. Maybe we should swop hubbies for a while, at least you could get started then :D

On my pre reg inspection, Ofsted told me that the insurance works in the same way as car insurance and that you can get a cover note faxed and start minding with that. I dont know if that is right or not but it is what I was told!

I too have a mindee lined up for 14th January so I am keeping everything crossed for both of us.

Love

Debbie

I am supposed to be getting either insurance or NCMA membership with a SureStart startup grant thingy.

My development worker said once my certificate was through then she would come and fill in the forms :( more forms!

Do you think applying via grant slows things up somewhat?

Mandy xx

berkschick
13-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Hi,

We dont get grants round here :panic: I think maybe it does hold things up a little as you will have to wait for the lady to come round and fill in the forms for/with you. And with christmas just around the corner......

If you ring Ofsted they can check whet stage your husbands CRB is at. Mine is at stage 4 of 5 which is the local police search. They have 60 days to carry out this search :(

Love

Debbie

button68
13-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Hi,

We dont get grants round here :panic: I think maybe it does hold things up a little as you will have to wait for the lady to come round and fill in the forms for/with you. And with christmas just around the corner......

If you ring Ofsted they can check whet stage your husbands CRB is at. Mine is at stage 4 of 5 which is the local police search. They have 60 days to carry out this search :(

Love

Debbie

I have checked DH's progress on-line (they won't tell me anything about DH's application over the phone) he is at stage 4 of 5 and has been since the 1st November. :angry:

I have just spoke with my development worker and she says with all the form filling I am looking at 3-4 weeks for the grant to be processed and get my insurance cover.

I may just have to weigh-up whether or not it is worth taking the grant or not. The money I will lose over the 4 weeks wait may make the 'grant' pointless, iyswim.

Mandy xx

angeldelight
13-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Good luck hope you get it all sorted so you can get up and running soon

Angel xx

deb24
13-12-2007, 10:11 AM
Hi,
I was told from NCMA that as soon as you have had your inspection you can ring them and they can activate your liability insurance for you.
Also if you are thinking of advertising if you go to the link below you can have free business cards done you only have to pay for the postage.
Mine came last week and they look great.

www.vistaprint.co.uk

manjay
13-12-2007, 10:13 AM
I know we work slightly differently in Wales but once my Inspector gave me the go ahead we had to wait a couple of weeks for the application to be rubberstamped by the CSSIW. However this didn't hold up the insurance as the inspector contacted my development worker and requested our insurance started on the day registration would go through! Does that make sense? Sounds a bit waffly now

Amanda xx

berkschick
13-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Hi Mandy,

Its strange ( and very annoying!) that one CRB comes back ages before the other!

The other thing with waiting for the grant is that ( I dont know what kind of relationship you have with your "waiting" Mum) but she might not be able to wait the extra time and look for another minder then you have lost a client not just a few weeks work. You can knock the insurance against tax anyway if it comes out of your own pocket.

I wonder who will get theirs first, me or you?! My husbands came back within a week of CRB receiving it!

I too thought NCMA could action your insurance right away over the phone, lets hope so anyway!

Love

Debbie

button68
13-12-2007, 01:46 PM
All is not lost :)

Just had a LOVELY chat with the NCMA who tell me not to jump the gun by paying my own fees and forgoing the grant.

Once I have my certificate number and my development worker has been and completed the grant forms with me then she can e-mail the NCMA and they will give me a cover note that lasts 4 weeks :clapping:

Fingers crossed for DH's CRB.

Mandy xx

sutherland
13-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Hi,
I was told from NCMA that as soon as you have had your inspection you can ring them and they can activate your liability insurance for you.
Also if you are thinking of advertising if you go to the link below you can have free business cards done you only have to pay for the postage.
Mine came last week and they look great.

www.vistaprint.co.uk

Oh Deb24 thats interesting, might just phone them to see if they can action the start up pack now. My DH's crb came back today and his was sent off a week after mine, but called today and mine is at stage 4. So just that and ssafa checks to be done and I'm good to go, got my business cards from Vista already, look really good. Where abouts in Beds r u?

Michelle