PDA

View Full Version : I AM SOOOOO CROSS

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
23-04-2010, 07:26 AM
My 4 year old daughter was very upset and crying her eyes out this morning becasue her dad (whos is in the army) works long shifts, apart from 10 mins in the morning she hasnt seen him for the last 3 days and wont be seeing him today either. It was so upseting as she was screaming at him, begging him not to go to work today and then begging to go with him.

I look after a child from 07.30-09.00 every morning, and when he arrived today my daughter was still crying and mindees dad looked at her and started mocking her because she was crying :angry:

Well as you can imagine i was sooo cross:angry: so i turned to him and said very sturnly, i think you will find that she is crying for a very good reason as she hasnt seen her dad for the last 3 days and wont be seeing him today either as he doesnt work 9-5 and have every weekend off like other people in the army (he does!) and im sure as a parent who has shared custody like yourself you can understand why she is upset. :angry:

He then said to me oh i would hate to be married to a chef they work very long hours dont they, then he turned to mindee in front of my daughter and said dont forget that im collecting you early today as i finish early on Fridays :angry: :angry:

I think i need to calm down before i write a letter giving notice.

haribo
23-04-2010, 07:57 AM
some people just dont think do they :angry: . id be inclined to keep him on the step in future so he doesnt get chance to mock /comment . i remember having a very rude parent when mine were small and used to keep him outside in the end as they were bemused by some of the comment he made to them -anything from how they were dressed to how messy their hair was etc i thought they could do without getting up at 7 am to that :angry: x

Hebs
23-04-2010, 08:18 AM
aww bless her i know it's hard

there are 2 girls in my sons class (they are all 10 yrs old) who cry when dad has to stay away overnight, my son goes mad cos like he says they have a dad who wants to see them, his dad doesnt want to see my son, just goes off and has more kids with other people.

Jelly Baby
23-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Eeek that wasn't very tactful of him was it. My hubby is a chef too so know where you are coming from as in the summer we hardly ever see him!
I hope he is better later when he collects and thinks before he speaks!

wendywu
23-04-2010, 08:24 AM
I would not give notice but have a word with mindees dad.

I would tell him that you have always treated his child the same way as you do your own. You would never never mock a young child who was upset. That you expect your parents to work with you in all aspects of your setting and that includes treating your family with the same degree of respect when he comes into your home.

Shame on him :(

Avon
23-04-2010, 09:14 AM
My 4 miss their dad terribly, he is ALWAYS away at the moment, he came back a week early from 5 weeks in Germany last week:clapping: with the info that he is going to Scotland instead this weekend,:mad: then he was supposed to have a month here :clapping: then go to Brunei for a month, but has just got dates for a course through that falls slap bang on his month off!!:angry: SO when am I and the kids gonna see him? For 4 days in the next 2 months :crying:
He says its not his fault, and it isn't - but it doesn't stop us being upset and missing him! The youngest 2 take it hardest and the older 2 keep it to themselves a bit more as they're older, but its so hard.

WibbleWobble
23-04-2010, 09:39 AM
what an idiotic :censored: he is.

No sense...no compassion.

i was married to somone in the army (we divorced...long story) and i remember him being away for days on end (not including the months on tour....they were easier for some reason..we got into a routine)

he should know better the fool

big hugs to you all...esp your children

mandy xxxxx

aly
23-04-2010, 10:41 AM
aww bless her i know it's hard

there are 2 girls in my sons class (they are all 10 yrs old) who cry when dad has to stay away overnight, my son goes mad cos like he says they have a dad who wants to see them, his dad doesnt want to see my son, just goes off and has more kids with other people.

Sounds familiar!!!, he now has a stepdad though so he does get his 'dad'.

I can;t believe an adult would mock a child...lie others said, keep him at a distance now. :panic:

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
23-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Well ive just about calmed down now.

I cant believe how mad he made me. Ive tried to keep him outside! but when i open the door he kind of pushes his way in. He keeps walking towards me till i find myself back stepping.

Then he spends the next 5-10 mins telling how great his son is, how his son has done this and that, for example His son is 4 and is just learning to dress himself, He will tell me how he has got himself dressed and will repeat himself over and over again untill i make a big song and dance about it at which point my 4 year old will say i can get dressed by myself and my 2 year old says me too and he will look at them and not say a word to them, its got to the point where my 4 year old is repeating herself 4/5 times to him but still he says nothing.

Im soo glad ive finished work and its the start of the weekend :clapping: :clapping:

suzyblue
24-04-2010, 07:38 AM
What a rude man! Just be thankful your not married to him!!!

kindredspirits
24-04-2010, 07:59 AM
goodness what a :censored:
i would write a polite note saying something along the lines that due to there being little respect for your family, collection/drop off will have to be on the doorstep from now on.