PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Cards - Please help a confused tired girl

Fabby
22-04-2010, 08:32 PM
I have emergency cards with my name, childs name and my emergency back uo childminder's name and number.
Now on my policy for Emergency Plan i do state that i will have childs GP contacts and mine in my diary. Now this is ok has i am going to get a little pocket diary just for this info and put in outings bag.
Where do you leave your emegency cards? In your purse/ In the outings bag?
Also, would you think iam best just putting the child's and my GP details on the back of the card for less confusion or not?

Advise much appreciated :)

miss mopple
22-04-2010, 08:36 PM
My emergency cards have a small photo of child, initial and surname only, parents contact details and a note of any allergies. They state that I am a childminder (the reverse side is my business card with my details on)

I keep a set in my purse, one in the car, and details of all children in a sealed envelope in the attendance register by my front door

Twinkles
22-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Have pm'd you. :thumbsup:

angiemog
23-04-2010, 08:04 AM
I have my emergency cards laminated and hung on my bag. I just have mindees first name, date of birth and contact details for both parents. I thought that if it was needed they would be able to figure out which child by these details or for them to just call the contact details on the card. I think a while ago there was a thread with mixed views about having a photo and also gp details. I have mobile, home and work numbers for parents so if anything were to happen they should be able to get in contact with one of them.
On my contact detail cards I have my full name stating that I am a childminder and all my husbands contact details. If one of my mindees had a serious allergy or health issue to something then I would include this as well.
x