PDA

View Full Version : signing in/out

sophiemarie
22-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi can we sign the children in and out or does it have to be the parents??

miss mopple
22-04-2010, 07:52 PM
As long as you keep a record it doesnt matter who writes them in/out. Its good practice to get parents to sign a register but not a requirement

sarah707
22-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I sign them in and out.

Parents sign when they pay :D

singlewiththree
22-04-2010, 08:46 PM
I sign them in and out of my book, and visitors in and out of another book but I don't get parents to sign we are just too busy at handovers and I kept forgetting.

miffy
23-04-2010, 07:00 AM
It doesn't matter who fills the times in but Ofsted are hot on it being the exact time (not to the nearest 5 mins or whatever)

Miffy xx

AliceK
23-04-2010, 08:36 AM
I sign them in and out of my book, and visitors in and out of another book but I don't get parents to sign we are just too busy at handovers and I kept forgetting.

Same here. I used to get parents to sign but kept forgetting so they would end up with weeks at a time to sign so now I sign it myself. Ofsted were fine with this.

xxxxxxxx

Mookins
23-04-2010, 09:30 AM
i was told think its NCMA are changing their sign in sheets as there is no where for the parents to sign daily , apparently think its ofsted are wanting it to be signed daily by parents as then you are covered if anything happens and parents say they were with you in your care...covers your back if parents have signed next to each day, also helps with extra time owing!!

x x x

loocyloo
23-04-2010, 11:41 AM
oh goodness, i've only just got my parents used to signing weekly! i couldn't do it everyday! not enough time at collection!

i sign the children in and out at closest 5 mins, as every clock in my house tells a slightly different time, and i'm never sure which one is correct! anyway, by the time i sign them in, they've usually been here 10 mins or so!

teacake2
23-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I made my own sheet and parents sign in and out every day, easy for me as none go to school or anything yet. Grandparent sometimes collects and they sign out as well, if they forget I do it.
I ask them to use the clock on the cooker which is behind them then everyone uses the same thing.
Teacake2

Chimps Childminding
23-04-2010, 05:56 PM
I don't sign I just log the times!!! Don't have time to get parent's to do it every day, it is usually so hectic plus kids tend to play up when parents are around :angry: Will carry on doing it this way unless Ofsted tell me otherwise :thumbsup:

monkey62
23-04-2010, 06:30 PM
I write the time in/out in every day and parents sign at the end of the week.
It works for me