PDA

View Full Version : What toys/resources should I get?

crazyhazy
22-04-2010, 07:08 PM
I've just found out I'm entitled to apply for a start up grant of £250 and am trying to decide what to get. I have 2 girls myself of 19m and 3.5yrs so have quite a bit already, my only mindee at the moment is 3.5yr too. I'm definately going to get a water play toy for the garden and possibly a small sand pit too but what else would you recommend? Wondering about happyland stuff?

Minstrel
22-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Happyland goes down great here with all mine (18 mths - 7yrs)!

Also used a lot at the mo is pop up tents and tunnels in the garden, chalk (i let them draw on the ground and walls rather than a blackboard), sand table, bats and balls, skittles, skatch, scooters, kitchen and play food, DIY paintbrushes and a bucket of water!!

Minstrel
22-04-2010, 07:18 PM
oooooo and i forgot!

Hula hoops!

crazyhazy
22-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks, some good ideas there, am sat trawling through lots of websites!

Jelly Baby
23-04-2010, 08:12 AM
Hi going with some of the above we have:

chalks and big board for the older ones and small one for the younger ones..they can also draw on our patio.

Golf/cricket/tennis sets

Getting a tunnel and another ball pool if Argos EVER get it back in stock!

sand and water table

ring game where yo have to throw the hoops ove the stick

see saw for the LO

we have a paek very close so dont have any types of swings, slides etc as literally 2 min walk.

AnnieM
23-04-2010, 08:23 AM
I had a 10 year old boy in the holidays and he had a ball playing with the happyland. :D I would recommend a sand table and for water play I just use a big clear storage box then when they've finished the water toys get stored in it. :thumbsup: Duplo is always a big hit with any age and also craft stuff. We are enjoying tents and tunnels and other outside stuff too with this nice weather, swingball, balls, bouncy hopper, hula hoops, hopscotch mat etc. ELC have a 2 for 1 on their outdoor toys atm. Have fun spending. :D