PDA

View Full Version : Confused About Outing RA

CAZMCA
22-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Hi, I have done risk assessments for outings in general but am confused, should i have seperate ra's fo r all the different places we go to? mine are all included in one ra - please could you advise, thanks caz

this is the risk assessment i have altogether

sarah707
22-04-2010, 06:57 PM
There is nothing wrong with what you have written and it is good as a general risk assessment.

Now risk assess...

The library;

The park;

The ducks;

Going to town shopping;

The children's centre;

Your friend's house;

The soft play;

Anywhere else you go regularly or on a one-off.

A friend was pulled up on her inspection for not having a RA for a one-off trip to the dentist when she had mentioned in a mindee's learning journal that she had taken the lo with her.

hth :D

The Juggler
22-04-2010, 07:05 PM
There is nothing wrong with what you have written and it is good as a general risk assessment.

Now risk assess...

The library;

The park;

The ducks;

Going to town shopping;

The children's centre;

Your friend's house;

The soft play;

Anywhere else you go regularly or on a one-off.

A friend was pulled up on her inspection for not having a RA for a one-off trip to the dentist when she had mentioned in a mindee's learning journal that she had taken the lo with her.

hth :D

they so need to get their act together. My inspector told me that you do not need them for individual or one-off outings:angry:

CAZMCA
22-04-2010, 07:06 PM
thanks sarah, just seems very repetitive in a lot of cases, should i do a checklist for the outings or do i need to have them detailed like this one?