PDA

View Full Version : cuts and scrapes!

charliegee
22-04-2010, 03:03 PM
hello all

a little one I have today fell over in garden and grazed their forehead quite badly - no blood but one of those angry red grazes.

Should I text or call parent before they pick up to let them know?

I don't normally for little knocks / bruises (I look after toddlers!) but this has left quite a mark - as I say, not cut but quite a nasty scratch

x

huggableshelly
22-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I would text so Parents are prepared as anything on a childs head is always seen first.

christine e
22-04-2010, 04:22 PM
I would text so Parents are prepared as anything on a childs head is always seen first.

Sound advice:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Jelly Baby
22-04-2010, 04:32 PM
On a head yes..i don't mes around when it comes to head injurys tbh! My little one i had today (and you just reminded me) caught a scab on her knee..it bled a tiny bit and she was off playing again as soon as so i dont mention things like that..should i?

Hope LO ok. x

Helen Dempster
22-04-2010, 04:37 PM
when my lo was going to nursery when he was much younger, they would always phone me if he'd hit his head in any way (mark or no mark). They would always start with "there's nothing to worry about but..." as a matter of course.

I've been looking after one little boy for just over a year now, but my very first week of having him, he tripped over in the garden, smashed his mouth on the patio, blood everywhere and chipped tooth! I was distraught (but parents were fine, thankfully!)