PDA

View Full Version : is this wrong?

aly
22-04-2010, 11:46 AM
as some of you know I had my report following my inspection and there were some errors on, well i've just had it back with this note.:

On the report it says Miss **** is registered to care for 3 children under the age of 8 years with no more than 2 under 3 years of age.

I sent the report back with a few amendments to be done with a note about the following that on my certificate it says

The masximum number of children under 8 years to be minded shall not exceed 3 under 8 years with no more than 2 under 5 years and the childminder shall ensure comliance with the age groups and maximum number of children at the premises at any one time as specified in National standard 13.

They sent the report back with the errors amended but the above says

The amendement regarding the care of children under the age of 3 remains the same. As there is a limit to your care for children under the age of 3 due to the age of your daughter....blah blah blah

Now is it the same thing only worded differently or is there a mistake, if the 2 under 3 is right does that mean i can have a 4yo too?

Daddy Day Care
22-04-2010, 11:51 AM
no idea but they really shouldnt be putting blah blah blah on your report, id complain!!!!

Gareth

sorry couldnt help myself :D

Malark
22-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Gareth - :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry cant help, not sure. I'd give them a ring.

aly
22-04-2010, 12:02 PM
no idea but they really shouldnt be putting blah blah blah on your report, id complain!!!!

Gareth

sorry couldnt help myself :D

:rolleyes: Tut Tut Gareth, :rolleyes:

:cool:

Mookins
22-04-2010, 12:42 PM
how old is your daughter hun?

unles they have restricted you the numbers are
1 inder 1s
3 under 5s
2 over 5s at any one time...then if you have children of your own they take up a place in the age catagory
(think ive got the number right)

I personally will be allowed 2 under 5s plus my daughter and 1 under 1s
plus the 2 older unles they decide im wont be able to manage or my space isnt big enough

so from youtr note i would say you can have 2 under 3 plus 1 older one

hope ive got that right:blush:

Tired
22-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Mookins.

you said
"I personally will be allowed 2 under 5s plus my daughter and 1 under 1s"

How old is your daughter? I believe you will be allowed 3 under 5s, including the 1 under 1. So if your daughter is under 5, you can't have 2 others and one under one.

Mookins
22-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Mookins.

you said
"I personally will be allowed 2 under 5s plus my daughter and 1 under 1s"

How old is your daughter? I believe you will be allowed 3 under 5s, including the 1 under 1. So if your daughter is under 5, you can't have 2 others and one under one.

:o ...:doh: i knew that sounded wrong when i wrote it couldnt think what it was

so sorry....

tulip0803
22-04-2010, 02:38 PM
My CSSIW cert says no more than 3 under 5 years of which no more than 2 under 18 months.

Think you need to ring and speak to your actual inspector. As far as I am aware CSSIW have not changed the age ratios in my area. They may have misprinted and are so used to reading the ? "under 5" they may not have noticed it.

huggableshelly
22-04-2010, 03:02 PM
I read it as no more than 3 under 8s at any one time but out of those 3 only 2 maybe under the age of 3.

your own child counts as 1 allowing you to care for 2 more children but due to the age of your child you can only have 1 more under the age of 3 but can have another child age 4 - 8.

it does seem confusing as I am sure when my children were in the under 8's bracket it reduced my numbers on my certificate but now they are both over 8 my numbers are increased to the max.

I would call them to clarify if the statment includes your child or in addition to your child, then if the say in addition too I would then question the fact that they are allowing you to care for 4 children under the age of 5 providing only 2 are under the age of 3 which usually means you have a variation set up as the usual numbers are 3 under the age of 5 per adult.

Daftbat
22-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I think you need to phone or email them to clarify things - it doesn't sound right to me unless they are adding extra constraints for another reason.

aly
22-04-2010, 03:19 PM
my own children are:
P = 2.5
L= 5
J=8

so ive alwAYS had 3 with spaces for 2 under 5 and 1 over or 1 under 2 over...if that makes sense.