PDA

View Full Version : Before and after schools for under 5's

Malark
22-04-2010, 11:38 AM
Im still waiting for my first mindee after returning after maternity leave and am so frustrated. :( Have had a few calls for before and/or after school, (2 today) but all for under 5's. As i have my own baby i can only have 2 under 5. Obviously if i take on one of these it takes 1 whole place for the entire day and i can't afford to do it. How do parents of under 5's starting school find childminders to do before and/or after school. Surely it is not worthwhile for a childminder financially?

singlewiththree
22-04-2010, 11:43 AM
The parent usually has to pay for all day for under 5's if the child is in full time nursery to reserve the place in the day time as would probably still be needed if nursery shut or holidays.

If the child is 4 and in full time school then they are classed as 5 in your ratios so wouldn't take up an under 5 space, hope that helps. I

angiemog
22-04-2010, 11:46 AM
The parent usually has to pay for all day for under 5's if the child is in full time nursery to reserve the place in the day time as would probably still be needed if nursery shut or holidays.

If the child is 4 and in full time school then they are classed as 5 in your ratios so wouldn't take up an under 5 space, hope that helps. I

I look after a little boy who is 4 and in full time school. He doesn't count as an under 5. x

aly
22-04-2010, 11:48 AM
I look after a little boy who is 4 and in full time school. He doesn't count as an under 5. x

agree...if under 5 but for and in 10 sessions a week {dropped at school at 9 and picked up at 3) menas they are classed as your over 5's even though they are 4.

Poppy is 3 in aug so starts nry in sept, next year she will be 4 in aug but classed as 5 in my ratios as in sept she will be full time.

Malark
22-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Ah, i see. Luckily i haven't turned anyone away that i could have minded. All at schools too far away. Hopefully ill get a call soon i can actually say YES YES YES to :)

aly
22-04-2010, 12:03 PM
good luck :thumbsup: