PDA

View Full Version : ofsted!

loocyloo
22-04-2010, 10:23 AM
:angry:

i am so cross! i just rang ofsted to change my ratios as my DS is 8 today, and DD was 5 a couple of weeks ago.

last month i was talking to ofsted about assistants and the childcare regsister and have it on email from them that as i already have the assistant bit on my certificate, i am able to leave ANY child with my assistant at home. (as it was changed in sept 2009, but my assistant started in march 2009)
my certificate states that my assistant may only care for children on the childcare register 'off the premises', so i asked if the words 'off the premises' could be taken off my certificate as the DCFS had changed the rules, and i had only just found this out and wanted my certificate to reflect the current rules, so i could abide by them!

NO ! :mad: i have to fill out a variation form! he did finally agree to get it emailed to me, and when i said i had heard that variations were taking 4-6 weeks, said ''we are busy'' ! i said all i want is some wording removed, and its not even something i am going to need very often, i just want my certificate correct! (and my last variation request confused them, so goodness knows what this time! luckily i kept a copy, so i'll just copy and paste all the information!)

the best bit was when i quoted to him from the ofsted fact sheet about the childcare register and he didn't know!!!

not impressed! :mad:

mamasheshe
22-04-2010, 05:47 PM
:mad: :angry: :mad:

WibbleWobble
22-04-2010, 05:51 PM
:mad: :angry: :censored: :angry: :mad: and more!

loocyloo
22-04-2010, 05:56 PM
guess what! :mad: i haven't had the form emailed yet! :mad:

heatherw
22-04-2010, 05:57 PM
My registration certificate says i can care for 6 children in the early years age range with no more than 3 under 1.:panic:
I phoned ofsted several times (it is on record every time i've spoke to them) and they said that it is correct cus thats what the inspector put down when she visited. Even though i've told them what it should be they won't change it!! So going by my certificate, i can have 3 under 1s and another 3 under 5s!

theplayroom
22-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Hi guys i know this is all really bad but im actually pleased to read this as im having a similer problem in that my cert is printed wrong and im fighting to get it changed but i keep getting passed from piller to post - nightmare!

I hope we al get sorted soon x

Pipsqueak
22-04-2010, 07:15 PM
My registration certificate says i can care for 6 children in the early years age range with no more than 3 under 1.:panic:
I phoned ofsted several times (it is on record every time i've spoke to them) and they said that it is correct cus thats what the inspector put down when she visited. Even though i've told them what it should be they won't change it!! So going by my certificate, i can have 3 under 1s and another 3 under 5s!

hey i wouldn;t knock it - you could be 'raking' it in!!! lol
i bet if you were up to the stated quota and you got reported they would change it quick smart!

can I urge everyone -if you are having problems with Ofsted ask for them for the complaints procedure and address. they seem to be able to move pretty quickly then. but unless the complaints are put in then there is no incentive for them to actually gets of the rumps and make a difference.

heatherw
22-04-2010, 07:23 PM
hey i wouldn;t knock it - you could be 'raking' it in!!! lol
i bet if you were up to the stated quota and you got reported they would change it quick smart!

can I urge everyone -if you are having problems with Ofsted ask for them for the complaints procedure and address. they seem to be able to move pretty quickly then. but unless the complaints are put in then there is no incentive for them to actually gets of the rumps and make a difference.

Ive contacted them loads of times to get it put right but Ive given up now. Its on record that ive phoned them so theres nothing i can do if they dont want to change it. When I get my inspection and my house is more like a nursery with 6 under 5s they might change it!

louisepretty
22-04-2010, 08:50 PM
I've got a good one for you. I work with another Registered Childminder. We had OUR inspection last November. They changed the wording on our certificates to reflect the new rules. That was all OK. Mine arrived but the other one was sent to an old address for the other childminder.

She rang to tell them they had sent it to the wrong address and they said they had cancelled her registration 18 months earlier. They hadn't told anybody and they had inspected her and graded her.

I put in a complaint as she works from my address and they investigated and said she shouldn't have had an inspection and they were sorry. They are unable to re-instate her registration as there isn't a procedure for it so she has to re-apply. They are being really slow processing it so now I can't have my holiday in May half-term as her registration won't be through in time.

We will be complaining again once her registration is through as the whole process has been a joke. Maybe things will improve when the new companies take over the inspections and registration visits.

loocyloo
23-04-2010, 12:02 PM
still no email from ofsted, so i emailed them myself, an hour ago!

just got a reply!

The system shows that a certificate has been generated which removes the caveat stating your assistant can only be left alone away from the premises.

A request was also sent to amend the numbers due to the change in age range of your own children.

so i DON'T need to fill out a variation form to change the wording on my certificate !!!! woohoo :clapping:

and i'm confused about what they are doing about changing my ratio, as it looks like they will send 2 certificates!!

loocyloo
30-04-2010, 04:58 PM
hurrah!
finally yesterday my certificate arrived ... with wording removed and ratios changed :clapping:

today another one arrived, obviously sent from a different place, BEFORE they ratio was changed as its all wrong! but both dated the same date! so i'm sticking with the one i need!

xxxx

caz3007
30-04-2010, 05:18 PM

Goodness me that many under 5's for one person would be enough to drive you insane. Now why didnt someone notice it and query it in the first place

sillysausage
30-04-2010, 07:33 PM
hurrah!
finally yesterday my certificate arrived ... with wording removed and ratios changed

today another one arrived, obviously sent from a different place, BEFORE they ratio was changed as its all wrong! but both dated the same date! so i'm sticking with the one i need!

As one certificate succeeds the previous one I would be tempted to check what it says online against your registration details, just incase they've got it wrong yet again.

loocyloo
30-04-2010, 07:53 PM
thanks, i hadn't thought to check it online! i am correct !!! phew!

all i did was look at the 'C'number at the bottom, and the certificate i want is a higher number than the other one!

caz3007, i would email ofsted (as many times as it takes!) and get them to alter your certificate. i find talking to someone on the phone can be helpful, but its useful to have 'written' evidence! as i don't think they actually write down exactly what you have rung about, where as i have discovered they keep all your emails! ( i quoted their own emails back to them on the phone !! LOL !!!) i then copy and paste each chain of emails so no information is 'lost' each time i send it! good luck!