PDA

View Full Version : can i change my numbers?

littlestar
22-04-2010, 10:20 AM
hi everyone was wondering if at i all if there is any chance i could apply to ofsted to change my numbers i am allowed 2 under 5 and 2 over 5 at min have no over 5's and really not fussed about it i like under's i have 2 under 5's mon, tues, wed, thurs, friday, but have lots of enquirys for 1 days so could i apply for an exta under 5 so im allowed 3 a day i have 2 sets of parents who just want restbite a day each so on wed, thurs, fri would have 3 under 5 does this make sense?
thank you

Mouse
22-04-2010, 11:02 AM
To be honest, I don't think you'd get a variation for that. The rules are quite clear that you can only have 3 children in the EY age group (including your own children), unless it's for continuity of care or for siblings of children you already care for. They don't generally allow it for you to take on new children.

I'm sure I've read that some people have been granted an increase in numbers on a permanent basis, but I can't remember the details.

Have a read of the Ofsted fact sheet

https://www.ofsted.gov.uk/layout/set/print/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-The-numbers-and-ages-of-children-that-childminders-may-care-for

EDIT: I posted that assuming you have your own child in the EY age group. If you haven't and there is another reason why you are only registered for 2 EYs, then maybe you could have your numbers increased.