PDA

View Full Version : What have I missed whilst being stuck in Cyprus?

Muffin
22-04-2010, 07:59 AM
Hi everyone,

Was stuck in Cyprus for 6 extra days. Have I missed anything important?
Too many posts to look through!!

Debb x

WibbleWobble
22-04-2010, 08:01 AM
ofsted has been dismantled:clapping:

pauline has invited us all over for tea on satuday:D

i won the lottery and am giving some away to forum members:thumbsup:

youve missed nowt!:laughing: :laughing:

The Juggler
22-04-2010, 08:36 AM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

angiemog
22-04-2010, 09:11 AM

Heaven Scent
22-04-2010, 09:18 AM
Yeah,

There has been a claoud of volcanic ash over northern Europe and all flights were grounded and there were lots of people stranded abroad , some people had to travel back overland and everything then to top it off because of this Ofsted had problem issuing varieations - its been bad Tut Tut - Did you miss it :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sorry maybe that was very insensitive - :blush: :blush:

Muffin
22-04-2010, 11:18 AM
I see none of you have changed whilst i've been gone

auntym
22-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I wanted to go to cyprus. You had my room lol x x x x x how was it and where abouts did you stay x

Avon
22-04-2010, 03:18 PM
We lived in Cyprus for 3 years in Akrotiri, had baby no'3 out there and I sobbed like a baby when I walked across the tarmac to the plane for the final time.:crying: Really. I was pathetic.

angiemog
22-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Yeah,

There has been a claoud of volcanic ash over northern Europe and all flights were grounded and there were lots of people stranded abroad , some people had to travel back overland and everything then to top it off because of this Ofsted had problem issuing varieations - its been bad Tut Tut - Did you miss it :blush: :blush: :blush:

Sorry maybe that was very insensitive - :blush: :blush:

:laughing: :laughing:

sarah707
22-04-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm going at the end of May! Can't wait :clapping:

auntym
22-04-2010, 05:10 PM
We lived in Cyprus for 3 years in Akrotiri, had baby no'3 out there and I sobbed like a baby when I walked across the tarmac to the plane for the final time.:crying: Really. I was pathetic.

My dad lives over there, i love it immensly, like ur pic by the way lol xx

Muffin
22-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I wanted to go to cyprus. You had my room lol x x x x x how was it and where abouts did you stay x

We stayed in a villa in Coral bay Paphos for a week. It was lovely and everyone was so friendly.

We were due to fly home last Wed eve but the plane developed a technical issue so flight was rescheduled for Thurs afternoon but we all know what happened on Thurs.
We were put up in an all inclusive hotel totally free for 6 days, as soon as the plane was fixed and airspace open they got us home. We were one of the first flights into Gatwick.

SmartKids
22-04-2010, 05:21 PM
the kids ???? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Heaven Scent
22-04-2010, 08:21 PM
I went there for my Funnymoon in 1992 - a year or so after Dan Air went bust - Mr. T himself worked for them and who should we bump into in the hotel foyer only an ex-colleague who was made redundant when the company shut down and unlike Mr T himself didn't get to stay on when the engineering dept was taken over. Then while chatting to him and his wife who should walk past but someone else who had the same thing happen to them. Then they took us to a fab restaurant called the Cuckoo's Nest in Larnaca where that was run by a Cyprus Airways Rep that my FIL had dealings with when he worked for British Aerospace and Mr T & the rest of the Dan Dare Motly Crewe had dealings with him at Manchester Airport and when we arrived there he was there with a young Lad who had also been made redundant from Dan Dare but was then working for Cyprus Airways - so you can imagine how Romantic my Honeymoon was :rolleyes: :rolleyes: - I have to say I never had such fab meals on holiday and the fillet steaks just melted in your mouth mmmmmmmm.

The most Romantic part was when we went on a mini cruise to Egypt & Israel on a ship called the Romantica on which there were 20 other honeymoon couples - :laughing: :laughing: The crewe couldn't believe when they invited any honemoon couples to a champaigne reception that so many couples would turn up they said the most they had ever had on a single cruise in the past was 6. It was good though we were all ages and all had a different story to tell.

We did have a few days on our own at the end of the holiday when the others went home and we didn't then frequent the Cuckoos nest I discovered "Stifado" & "Kelftico" - mmmm its differnt in other parts of Greece I didn't like it whereever I was last year - went to visit Mr T while he was working abroad so didn't take much notice of where we were as it wan't a proper family holiday. - I think the name of Island began with a K ?????:eek: :huh:

So happy memories all round really though!!!

lindylou
22-04-2010, 08:36 PM
Wish I had been stuck in cyprus we flew back on the 9th of april I have a house over there in Paralimni not far from protaras
I luv cyprus could cope with being stuck there for ever
Linxx

auntym
22-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh deb it sounded fab. All inc hotel :) just hope there wasnt too much in loss of earning for you. Only draw back with our job :(. My dad lives in oroklini and yes the kleftico to die for. Glad you had a lovely time, im so envious lol x x