View Full Version : post on childcare.co.uk

Hebs
21-04-2010, 08:11 PM
how do you report it??

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

http://www.childcare.co.uk/profile/beckah-babii/

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 08:14 PM
dunno....doesnt the bloke from childcare.co.uk come on here?

its a bit of a lame post though...dont think anyone would take her up on her offer!!

but then again.....you never flamin know who some folk will leave their kids with!!!!!

mandy xx

Hebs
21-04-2010, 08:17 PM
but then again.....you never flamin know !!!!!

she's 16!!!!!!! :eek: :panic:

babysitting maybe but not all day childcare :panic: :panic:

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 08:19 PM
i dont know why but i am starting to remember that poor little boy who was killed by his unofficial "childminders" whilst his mum did her decorating...:panic:

mandy x

crazyhazy
21-04-2010, 08:20 PM
How odd, am guessing she got through the filters cos her profile is a parent one, so she won;t actually appear on any search for childminders etc

Fabby
21-04-2010, 08:22 PM
I was under the impression that all posts were reviewed before being displayed so why was this allowed to be posted in the first place???

birch24
21-04-2010, 08:23 PM
she probably doesnt realise you have to be registered and just fancied being able to look after children perhaps someone should message her!

Minstrel
21-04-2010, 08:30 PM
I was under the impression that all posts were reviewed before being displayed so why was this allowed to be posted in the first place???

Well exactly! Seems only the cm's are reviewed and restricted but if you pretend to be a parent you can write anything you like!

I regularly see 'parents' actually advertising as carers but they are still let though and allowed to post.

Pipsqueak
21-04-2010, 08:36 PM
I suppose technically she isn't doing anything wrong (unless I am looking at the wrong post) - actually she looks like, to me, that she is applying for the job of a parent. Well sweetheart, you can have my job and i bet you hand it back to me before sundown lol!

Anyway, i have emailed her, telling her if she is serious about working with kids, go to college do a course and become an Ofsted Registered Nanny, with training, insurance and inspection processes.

Sounds like the kid just needs a little guidance!

Fabby
21-04-2010, 08:39 PM
Sounds like the kid just needs a little guidance![/QUOTE]

bless her

aly
21-04-2010, 09:51 PM
i've had to complain about a few in my area...contact richard by pm and he will sort it, probably into a different catergory like babysitting.

Desi-101
21-04-2010, 10:57 PM
I suppose technically she isn't doing anything wrong (unless I am looking at the wrong post) - actually she looks like, to me, that she is applying for the job of a parent. Well sweetheart, you can have my job and i bet you hand it back to me before sundown lol!

Anyway, i have emailed her, telling her if she is serious about working with kids, go to college do a course and become an Ofsted Registered Nanny, with training, insurance and inspection processes.

Sounds like the kid just needs a little guidance!

I agree, she seems like she needs advice on how to become a childminder or nanny, crikey for a 16 yr old nowadays at least she is trying to do something! hopefully with guidance she can become something and be more aware of the work involved.:)

nokidshere
21-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Why do you need to report it? Surely the site owners would be checking?

sophiemarie
22-04-2010, 07:02 AM
I agree with you she needs some support writing her profile and mostly lightly wants to do babysitting as a mum of a 15 year old girl I would be quite worried about her going to stangers houses.
I am a member and I have had calls form people wanting me to baby sit that night after never meeting me!!!

Mouse
22-04-2010, 08:38 AM
I don't understand her post. What job is she applying for?

I wonder if she's seen a post from somenone looking for childcare, but obviously won't be able to reply to them unless she's a paid member, so thinks that by posting her profile she's actually replying to someone?

She's not actually offering childcare in that post, so I wouldn't be concerned about that.

I would perhaps be a bit more concerned that a 16 year old is posting personal details on a website & could make herself vunerable, but then she couldn't actually be contacted by someone unless they paid the membership fee.

sandy64
22-04-2010, 09:05 AM
it doesnt say what she wants? is it babysitting which is ok. nanny ? or childminding which is illegal she looks very young and does sound naive.

DIPPY DOUGHNUT
22-04-2010, 10:16 AM
Just thought i would let you know that i just tried the link and it says that childcare have closed down the profile

funfunfun
22-04-2010, 12:46 PM
Just thought i would let you know that i just tried the link and it says that childcare have closed down the profile

seems that way i tried to have a nosie although has been shut