PDA

View Full Version : What do you use for sleep times?

Fabby
21-04-2010, 08:09 PM
An inflatable ready made bed? Sleep mats? Travel cot? Pushachair?

I have ready made beds the inflatable ones, winnie the pooh etc, but my mindee wont take to it and would prefer go sleep in the pushchair. I know most nurseries use the sleep mats which i think are good for storage etc. Do OFSTED not like children going asleep in the pushchair and would they mark you down on this if the child wouldnt settle in a a bed of any kind ??

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 08:12 PM
mine sleep in their pushchairs. This is both mummies requests. As long as you have permission then it should be ok (thats what i have been told anyway but as you know antonia i am a wet behind the ears as you are duck!)

mandy x

Fabby
21-04-2010, 08:19 PM
The only reason why i am questioning it is because when the lady from ofsted came out last week, when she was being nosey and going off the point as to why she was here (to speak to hubby) she asked what i will be doing for sleep times and when i mentioned about rady made beds, travel cots and pushchairs she jumped in and said '' oooo, pushchairs arn't good for children for sleeping really'' but i didnt go into it any further and it has just come into my mind!! Like i say, the mindee i have at the mo is more than happy to settle in the reclined pushchair and WOULD NOT settle on the ready made bed....

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 08:23 PM
i agree with Mrs O...my kids never slept in pushchairs (unless out and about) but my mums have told me thats what they want and thats what the kids do at home.

so i am damned if i do ....etc....

louisepretty
21-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I have various solutions depending on age:

babies sleep in a travel cot - they can't fall out!

at about 12 months they go in to snuggle beds - I've got 2 of these, they are in Hope Education and are like sleeping bags but with foam inserts for a mattress and they fold into 3 so are easy to store. Designed for small children so no problem with losing them in a full size sleeping bag.

at about 18 months they go onto nursery beds - I've got 3 of these and they are sturdy little beds which stand about 3 inches off the ground so no problem if they fall out but not lying directly on floor to get cold. I bought the sheets to go with them which loop over the legs and I use cellular blankets. Each child has their own bedding in a labelled bag so you only need as many beds as maximum chldren in 1 day but you could have twice as many sets of bedding, if that makes sense.

if we are out and about and they fall asleep in the pushchair I don't move them because I wouldn't have done with my own and I know parents wouldn't either, and I have permission!

if they fall asleep in the car then I do bring them in.

and sometimes children who have stopped napping fall asleep on the sofa. I just cover them with a blanket and leave them. I quite like the fact that they are so comfortable in my home that they crash out. I've had a child asleep on the sofa whilst Mrs O was here once and she even wrote it in my report in a complimentary way.

As long as the children are safe then do what works for you, and make sure you can explain why you do whatever you do to Mrs O!

Fabby
21-04-2010, 08:47 PM
Thank louise!!!!! :)

snufflepuff
21-04-2010, 08:53 PM
I have a cosy rug thing that i put on the floor for mindee (15 mths) to sleep on, but we are usually out and about so she sleeps in the buggy. (Shes the type that will sleep anywhere, she even falls asleep sitting up and once fell asleep standing up at the sofa!) I just pop a blanket over her if its chilly.