PDA

View Full Version : ??? words cant describe this ??

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 07:33 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manchester/8633871.stm

i am silent

poor little man

mandy x

aly
21-04-2010, 07:37 PM
:panic::panic::panic:

I can;t believe I am hearing more and more of this lately. :angry::angry::angry:

It doesnt say a real cause of death though :panic:

Trouble
Its sick:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

there was a worse one than that i think it was in the mail :angry: :angry:

TheBTeam
:( :(

sarah32
21-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Lost for words.:(

WibbleWobble
:panic::panic::panic:

I can;t believe I am hearing more and more of this lately. :angry::angry::angry:

It doesnt say a real cause of death though :panic:

it beggars belief :mad:

Gizmo
poor little mite

:angry: :angry:

Leanne59
21-04-2010, 07:41 PM
poor little man.:(

Mookins
21-04-2010, 07:42 PM
may that little angel rest in peace and that....thing be steralised and rot in hell

LOOPYLISA
21-04-2010, 07:43 PM
:panic: :panic:

Daddy Day Care
21-04-2010, 07:47 PM

Sadly this happens far more often than people realise, i read the other day only a handfull of cases make the news/papers.

:mad: :mad:

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 07:52 PM
....my maternal instinct is so strong towards all kids as well as my own. I just cant think about it. I cant understand it.

I was a bit of a bad girl when i was a teenager..IYKWIM . as soon as i found i was pregnant with DD#1 i gave up all the bad things as my maternal urges took over. Since then i have been a great mummy..it was what i had to do,

oh i think i must be naive...

sorry...bit upset here...rambling and angry....think its my hormones..:(

Mookins
21-04-2010, 07:54 PM
....my maternal instinct is so strong towards all kids as well as my own. I just cant think about it. I cant understand it.

I was a bit of a bad girl when i was a teenager..IYKWIM . as soon as i found i was pregnant with DD#1 i gave up all the bad things as my maternal urges took over. Since then i have been a great mummy..it was what i had to do,

oh i think i must be naive...

sorry...bit upset here...rambling and angry....think its my hormones..:(

it is heart breaking...dont apologise hun...we feel what we feel...xxx

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 08:02 PM
Disgusting parent..poor little thing.

monkey62
21-04-2010, 10:03 PM
poor litle man:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

wendywu
21-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Hang em high :angry:

Desi-101
21-04-2010, 10:24 PM
I had to stop halfway through reading! I just cannot read anymore ...but what I read I feel sick, how can a human treat their child this way animals don't!!!

Ticktoria
22-04-2010, 06:49 AM
:angry: Digusting evil woman.

Poor poor little mite :(

Sadly this happens far more often than people realise, i read the other day only a handfull of cases make the news/papers.

:mad: :mad:

You're right, Im was a homestart volunteer, kids die every week due to neglect or abuse and we only hear about a few :(

Heaven Scent
22-04-2010, 12:30 PM
This is very very sad - it does make me angry but not so much with mum - she had problems and they were missed - where were her family/friends/healthcare professionals etc. - I' get so very very angry because of all the time and money that went into the Victoria Climbe enquiry then there was Lord Lamings report - out of which came the Every Child Matters adjends - but when I hear of more and more cases - all equally as horrible as that of poor Victoria I think the adjenda is not worth the paper it is written on and I feel the word of Lord Laming in his various interviews were empty words - the reason on the money and time went in this green paper was according to Lord Laming that this would NEVER happen again - but it has and over and over and over - Why??? Because authoriteis are all too good at talking the talk in fancy meetings over fancy lunches and then just love creating costly paperwork but nothing concrete really ever gets done.

This poor little chap needed his mummy and she just couldn't be there for him because she was drowning in depression and destroying herself with alcohol because she couldn't cope with life. - I'm quite sure that she didn't intend to be a bad mum but the system let her and her lovely baby down - if they had kept on top of her they would know work out whether or not there was hope for turning her into a fab mum who would be there for her children or if she was not prepared to help herself or if she had an addiction to alcohol that was stronger than anything else in the world. In which case they could have found a new fab mum (& perhaps complete family for this little boy) even better if they were members of his extended family - aunts, grand parents etc.

happy days
22-04-2010, 02:02 PM
poor wee little man, at least he is safe and sound now with the angels. xx

Mrs_F
22-04-2010, 02:10 PM
Poor lil mite. R.I.P :(

Blaze
22-04-2010, 05:35 PM
Have the fun in death, that you never got in life. Alex....go play with the Angels. x

Lou
22-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Unfortunatly there are common misconceptions that social workers have more power than they do. In reality they actually have very little power. They cannot take children away from their homes/parents without it going through a court case etc, and even then it is very rare.

If they turn up to visit a family and they are not allowed in, they cannot insist on seeing the child/children unless they are the subject of a child protection order.

I know there are MANY flaws in the system, but (mostly) the social workers are doing their jobs to the best of their ability, often short staffed, working through lunch, late home etc, but they have so much paperwork etc, and constraints to follow that sometimes their hands are tied.

Poor little soul, RIP xxxx

Heaven Scent
22-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Unfortunatly there are common misconceptions that social workers have more power than they do. In reality they actually have very little power. They cannot take children away from their homes/parents without it going through a court case etc, and even then it is very rare.

If they turn up to visit a family and they are not allowed in, they cannot insist on seeing the child/children unless they are the subject of a child protection order.

I know there are MANY flaws in the system, but (mostly) the social workers are doing their jobs to the best of their ability, often short staffed, working through lunch, late home etc, but they have so much paperwork etc, and constraints to follow that sometimes their hands are tied.

Poor little soul, RIP xxxx

I was not having a go at Social Workers - I was having a go at the system and you said it (paperwork) - social workers are only one link in a very long chain and as for taking children away from their parents/extended family that should be a last resort!!! Lord Lamings report and ECM was supposed to end all of this but it hasn't made a dot of difference - I'm angry that the money that was spent on that was not spent on providing more professional help for the victims and their families way earlier on - and to untie all these reams of red tape - how often have we heard professionals say they couldn't do anything about it because of a lack of funding/personnel or because they were not at liberty to discuss a case without the parents permission etc - all this red tape means that agencies cannot work together I don't feel that confidentiality is worth a dot when the health and/or safety of an innocent child is at risk.

MissySpaceGirl
22-04-2010, 07:35 PM
He is at peace now. And that THING that was supposed to be his mother should be locked up for LIFE not a few measely years. Thats not justice for the little mite :idea:

Lou
22-04-2010, 08:04 PM
I was not having a go at Social Workers - I was having a go at the system and you said it (paperwork) - social workers are only one link in a very long chain and as for taking children away from their parents/extended family that should be a last resort!!! Lord Lamings report and ECM was supposed to end all of this but it hasn't made a dot of difference - I'm angry that the money that was spent on that was not spent on providing more professional help for the victims and their families way earlier on - and to untie all these reams of red tape - how often have we heard professionals say they couldn't do anything about it because of a lack of funding/personnel or because they were not at liberty to discuss a case without the parents permission etc - all this red tape means that agencies cannot work together I don't feel that confidentiality is worth a dot when the health and/or safety of an innocent child is at risk.

Oh I agree whole heartedly, and I wasnt thinking you were having a go at them, I was just pointing it out, as some people think (mainly due to the media) that all social workers are useless and miss all these things, or just make poor judgements etc, when that is far from the truth.

I agree the red tape etc makes it impossible for social workers to do their jobs properly.

onceinabluemoon
22-04-2010, 08:35 PM
I've only read this one particular article about this sad case so don't know how much more there is to it, but it does state that there was no causal link between the neglect and the child's death and that no cause for the child's death could be found.

The mother has not been given life for murder because there is no causal link, ie she didn't murder him and her actions were not the cause of his death even though they were neglectful.

I wonder if he was found strapped in his pushchair in front of a gas fire because she was trying to warm his little body after he died - depression is a dreadfully debilitating mind altering illness and this may just have made sense to her. I'm not excusing anything that was done or not done but there's always more than meets the eye and always more than is reported.

As for the family who were "there for Alex" in the court house, where were they when he was alive and needed somebody to care for him?