PDA

View Full Version : Am i mad?!

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Have the twins tom on my own for the first day alone..promised parents ide take them to a local play area and now wondering if iv'e bitten off more than i can handle..I have no money with me at the mo which may seem daft but normally with my normal LO i can get her to jump out and go to the cash point etc..not with 2 non walkers! I hope they love it and don't scream! I have a friend i tend to meet every thur so least she will be there for moral support!..

IF they scream all the way there i think i may just turn back and saty at home with them instead!

What did you do on your first day? (i know everyone will say stayed at home!)

Trouble
21-04-2010, 07:26 PM
that will be a yes!!!!!:eek: :eek:

good luck it might turn out better than you think:laughing: :thumbsup:

Fabby
No i didnt. I plan on going out every morning so on my first day, honestly, i did think shall i stay at home to settle but after 1 hour i thought, no way, we are going to the 'stay and play'
If you plan to go then go. Think it will be better than staying at home all day :)

WibbleWobble
stayed at home....and was run ragged all day. It was :censored: it down and my double buggy had two punctures. so we stayed in and i watched them play and find out things about the house, layout, pets, me etc

I was shell shocked when mums came to pick them all up (my first day with three under 3)

i then sat there in the quiet after they had gone for an hour staring into space............................then i tidied up.....and went to bed..........:blush:

we now go out every day...even if its just to the ducks. staying in would do my head in!

Trouble
21-04-2010, 07:32 PM
stayed at home....and was run ragged all day. It was :censored: it down and my double buggy had two punctures. so we stayed in and i watched them play and find out things about the house, layout, pets, me etc

I was shell shocked when mums came to pick them all up (my first day with three under 3)

i then sat there in the quiet after they had gone for an hour staring into space............................then i tidied up.....and went to bed..........:blush:

we now go out every day...even if its just to the ducks. staying in would do my head in!

a quick rest doesnt do anyone any harm :thumbsup: :D

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 07:34 PM
a quick rest doesnt do anyone any harm :thumbsup: :D

i slept from 2pm to hubby getting in at 6pm!!!!

that was no sleep...it was a coma!

Gizmo
21-04-2010, 07:34 PM
I go out every day I mind a 14mth and a 13mth and also have my dd who is nearly 3 I would go mad if I was in the house all day, I am lucky here we have cm drop in every morning and its great once we come home its lunch then sleep, play for a while, school run, snack time, story time, play time dinner then pick up, I have them both from 7.30 to 6.00 so it can be a very long day

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Yeah see it can go two ways..

Come back home and they cry..cry and cry! ill be stuck in trying to calm them and nothing..or they will be fine.

I can go to play area and see how i get on..can always come home again i guess..will just waste £7! but hope they will play and enjoy themsleves therefore making the day go quicker!

Think im more worried about dh looking after them incase they just scream..whereas im used to it he wont be! eek!

TheBTeam
21-04-2010, 07:41 PM
I usually stay in the first day a child starts with me, i feel more confident getting to know the child in my own home so usually dont bother to go out the first day, but after that it is back to the routines!

Hope all goes well!

sarah32
21-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Have the twins tom on my own for the first day alone..promised parents ide take them to a local play area and now wondering if iv'e bitten off more than i can handle..I have no money with me at the mo which may seem daft but normally with my normal LO i can get her to jump out and go to the cash point etc..not with 2 non walkers! I hope they love it and don't scream! I have a friend i tend to meet every thur so least she will be there for moral support!..

IF they scream all the way there i think i may just turn back and saty at home with them instead!

What did you do on your first day? (i know everyone will say stayed at home!)

I would normally stay in on the first few settling in sessions but if you have a friend with you for help then shouldnt be a problem.

On one of my settling in sessions went round another childminders house, no problems.

Good luck:)

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I go out every day I mind a 14mth and a 13mth and also have my dd who is nearly 3 I would go mad if I was in the house all day, I am lucky here we have cm drop in every morning and its great once we come home its lunch then sleep, play for a while, school run, snack time, story time, play time dinner then pick up, I have them both from 7.30 to 6.00 so it can be a very long day

See that should be like my day but the only issue im having is their sleeping patterns which are 10-11 then 2-3 or 3-4pm..the morning clashes with the session i will take them too and hope they wont be grouchy!..gues if they fall asleep on the way down ill know they dont want to participate!! As for the afternoons i find myself then running out of time tbh and always rushing seeing as they day is so long (8.30-5.30pm)

Mookins
21-04-2010, 07:46 PM
take them out... get them used to it asap...bless them they may turn out to be lil angels for you
x x

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Mookins i will do!! ill update tom as to how it went!!

Mookins
21-04-2010, 07:50 PM
Mookins i will do!! ill update tom as to how it went!!

soory hun didnt see your post about doing it:laughing:
have fun, best of luck

x x x

Jelly Baby
22-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi.. went pretty well considering!

I picked them up at 11am and one of them screamed! this set the other off and i put them both in the car hysterical..got half way to where we were going ond one was still crying..i thought 'persevere'! the little girl i have said 'i don't like the boy in the blue top as he is so noisy'!! bless her! I explained it was all very new to them and they were just confused.
Got there and they were both fine..played inside and they played at ease and the little girl loved playing with them. We went for a walk and again fine.
Few tears when home getting out of the car which was ok once in. Had lunch and drinks etc and they all played so ok.
Left them with dh for the hour i was on the school run and rung him once at school..all fine they were sat reading a book with him so put my mind at ease!
I got back put them in the buggy with my afterschooler and sister and we walked them home and then took the girls to the park..all in all a very good day.

The one thing that did annoy me was their neighbour who came out..said 'oh he doesn't look well' i said 'doesn't he?'..not sure why she thinks this tbh!..he started niggling as obviously recognised her and the door opened. They started crying as obviously saw they were home and i started unstrapping them..she again said 'he really isn't well you know'..i was at this point in hand with a screaming child and just said 'i really am not sure where you get that from as he has been fine all day'..'ooh no she said crying like that i dont know how you do it'..i said 'trust me if they had cried like this ALL day i would have been concerned!'..i will ring mum later anyway but mention this to her as have had a lovely day with the kids and it made me feel a bit odd tbh!

Anyway i am shattered! silly things like sorting a double buggy..getting car seats in and out is such fun! But i can't wait to start with them as they are lovely boys as far as i can tell!

Avon
22-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Glad it went well for you:clapping: .. know you have been anxious!
Have a good rest and relax now :D

mamasheshe
22-04-2010, 04:15 PM
i stay in for settling in but from there first proper day we are straight into routine !! we go out every morning and after nap times to if we have time i had to stay in today as was settling in and we missed toddler group :(

Jelly Baby
22-04-2010, 04:51 PM
Glad it went well for you:clapping: .. know you have been anxious!
Have a good rest and relax now :D

Thankyou..yes i was a bit this morning..think its due to the whole situation being different..will soon ease in im sure!

Jelly Baby
22-04-2010, 04:52 PM
i stay in for settling in but from there first proper day we are straight into routine !! we go out every morning and after nap times to if we have time i had to stay in today as was settling in and we missed toddler group :(

Yeah i was going to but tbh i just thought why waste the lovely weather we have and they have to get used to what i do sooner or later so off we went! glad i did though as like i said overall it was a great day!
Thanks for the reply x