PDA

View Full Version : sorry for all the questions

hollyoaksmad
21-04-2010, 07:16 PM
i mite sound silly but when do you start putting sun cream on the kids? is it time now ?

do you ask mum to put it on before they come?

francinejayne
21-04-2010, 07:17 PM
i mite sound silly but when do you start putting sun cream on the kids? is it time now ?

do you ask mum to put it on before they come?

I think it's sun cream weather now, little one's skin is so delicate and can catch the sun very easily.

I have permission to apply it to my mindees.

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Id'e say about now..i caught at the weekend and better to be safe than sorry!

sillysausage
21-04-2010, 08:00 PM
I also caught the sun at the weekend...too much gardening!

Alibali
21-04-2010, 08:34 PM
yEP, i'VE STARTED.

Bernie
21-04-2010, 09:00 PM
yes i've started too. Our garden is a sun trap and my DS neck got burnt a couple of weeks ago.

I have a sun cream permission form and also ask parents to provide lotion and hats to be kept at my house.

We have a 'no hat, no outside' rule.

:cool:

monkey62
21-04-2010, 09:29 PM
Yes I have started too with one exception as parent doesn't want me to use any sun cream for a child. Is a caraibean girl and parents think she doesn't need any suncream because of the skin colour.
I give to them lot of information, leaflets etc but parents seems convince thay are right......so what else I CAN DO...?

Pipsqueak
21-04-2010, 09:41 PM
I use sunprotection all year round. if its a particuarly sunny day in winter then i will do the places which will catch - nose, ears, cheeks

I would be blunt to the parents of the Caribbean child and say that skin cancer affects everyone regardless of skin colour. i would tell them that you will keep her in the shade at all times, if this is not possible in doors and you will put a large brimmed protective hat on her. Tell them its about her safety and welfare and you have a duty to fulfil this. if they choose not to use suncream on her when she is not with you that is their decision but when she is with you you will and have to take all reasonable and sensible steps/precuations.

auntym
21-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Ive started already and did it today to, i have a policy about sun protection and clearly state in it that i will use my own cream if non provided, and that the parents signature on the bottom of the policy is confirmation i can do so.
Therefor suncream cover dealt with lol xxxxxxxxxx
;)

auntym
21-04-2010, 10:02 PM
Yes I have started too with one exception as parent doesn't want me to use any sun cream for a child. Is a caraibean girl and parents think she doesn't need any suncream because of the skin colour.
I give to them lot of information, leaflets etc but parents seems convince thay are right......so what else I CAN DO...?

My nephews dad is jamaican, so therefore has darkskin, he still goes home suncreamed up, his skin will still burn. I have no answer to what u can do hon if the parent wont allow it, other than to tell them you are not prepared to subject the child to possible sunburn and for health reasons need to reach an agreement xxxx