PDA

View Full Version : new to childminding

hollyoaksmad
21-04-2010, 06:59 PM
i have been childminding 4 a month and only 3 hours a week. baby was cryin alot and literally screamin and really bad stomach he wouldnt settle for anything. I have never heard a baby scream like this i didnt no what else 2 do but i rang mum and she came bak as soon as she came he was fine i felt awful has anyone else done this?

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 07:02 PM
Hi you will no doubt have lots of ups and downs tbh i know i have! looking back i wonder how i coped some days!
If i was concerened or worried etc then yeah id'e call mum and have done in the past..sure she was rather you did than worry. You will be fine as time goes on.
How old is the LO?

hollyoaksmad
21-04-2010, 07:05 PM
he is only 3 months old it was awful i thought he must be in agony someone said it may be colic?

happy days
21-04-2010, 07:07 PM
have you tried massaging his tummy, as i find some babies have a lot of wind or collic in them! this might help ease his pain? I did this on my dd and it worked for her!
happy days xx

hollyoaksmad
21-04-2010, 07:17 PM
yer i did try it but he just screamin the house down bless him wudnt stop at all

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Oh dear im not sure what to suggest although sure others will as havent had a LO that young since my dd was born..she's now 11!..what did mum think it was?
Sure tomorrow will be better. x

Mookins
21-04-2010, 07:53 PM
poor lil fella...when my lil girl had colic i used to balance her on my arm tummy down, head in the crick of my elbow and gently rock her...was told this would work and it did

cant promise it though

x x

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 07:56 PM
poor lil fella...when my lil girl had colic i used to balance her on my arm tummy down, head in the crick of my elbow and gently rock her...was told this would work and it did

cant promise it though

x x

i am an old mum (mine are 18 and 23) and this is the technique i used on mine...just given this tip last night to my neighbour with a 3 week old baby.

i used to raise the babies bottom a little higher than the shoulders then let the bottom go down. it got rid of the bubble!

Mookins
21-04-2010, 07:58 PM
i am an old mum (mine are 18 and 23) and this is the technique i used on mine...just given this tip last night to my neighbour with a 3 week old baby.

i used to raise the babies bottom a little higher than the shoulders then let the bottom go down. it got rid of the bubble!

couldnt do it for long though...so tiny but soon makes ya arms ache lol
x