PDA

View Full Version : Poem

Fabby
21-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Does anyone have or know where i can find the child's poem called 'please don't expect much of me'

I really really want it!!!

:)

sarah707
21-04-2010, 06:51 PM
Do you mean this one? :D

What did you do at Pre-school today?

Well, I sat at the dough table and rolled the dough in my hands. Lucy said hers was a snake but mine, mine was a worm. The lady talked about long ones, short ones and medium sized ones, and Sarah rolled her dough so long it went right over the edge of the table. (And nobody said, ‘What are you going to make—a cake would be nice.’)

Yes, but what did you do?

I played on the climbing frame and do you know I can jump off the very top step.

Yes, but did you do anything today?

Sarah and me went to the paint table. It was lovely, all gooey and slippery on our hands. We made lots of patterns with our fingers and elbows. Sarah had yellow paint and I had red and Mummy do you know what, if you mix red and yellow paint together it goes ORANGE! (And nobody said ‘What a mess you’ve made.’)

Yes, but what else have you done?

At milk time a big boy pushed me over and I bumped my head. The lady picked me up and loved me better.

And then did you do anything?

The lady sang a new song and I can remember it, it was about our fingers, thumbs and toes.

But did you do anything today?

I made a lovely traily pattern in the sand and then Sarah and me had a race to see who could put the sand in the sand-wheel the quickest.

So what did you do at Pre-school today?

We sang ‘Happy Birthday’ to Nicholas and then the lady read us a story.

But did you do anything today?

Yes, when the lady said ‘It’s time to tidy up’, I quickly painted you a picture cos I knew you’d say…

‘What did you do at Pre-school today?’

Fabby
21-04-2010, 06:57 PM
No it's not that one. Similar though. It's says things along the line of playing and not actually making something as such.

WibbleWobble
21-04-2010, 07:20 PM
i do like that poem :thumbsup:

sonia ann
21-04-2010, 08:41 PM
love it .....have saved for my next newsletter:clapping: :clapping: