21-04-2010, 01:07 PM
Just started this last night.
Anyone done it?
Comments welcome please
Carol:)

lesley
21-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Yes justed finished at Easter.
We had a few teething problems but hoping not to wait to long for the results. Never heard back in between each module.
Who is doing your course?

Lesley

happytotschildminding
21-04-2010, 01:45 PM
I'm unfortunate enough to have started this last year with Zodiac, and the way they get their funding (from the government) is by including level 2 english and maths. I gave this up as a bad job last year (even though I was 90% of the way through) - I hate maths, and have only recently with the encouragement of a lovely surestart worker got back on track with it - guessed all the maths questions and luckily passed and on with the most tedious waste of time maths assignment on the planet. I have paid my daughter to do it and if I get a separate certificate for the maths and english part they are going in the bin as they mean nothing.
However bitter and twisted I feel about the key skills, I have really enjoyed the childcare part of it, just be careful what course you take on - I was led to believe I only had to flash my o level certificates and that would be it. I am never taking on another course unless I have to.
Carol

hello kitty
21-04-2010, 04:47 PM
I handed in my last reflective account in Jan, still waiting to hear if I am getting it back!!

I found the course really useful and I certainly have a better understanding of the EYFS than I did beforehand. It is completely different from the CCLD and although a little tedious in places, I enjoyed it. We were a small group and had a laugh along the way.

Good luck. :D

Carol M
21-04-2010, 07:37 PM
Thankyou for your replies.
I am doing it at Worcester College of Technology and have received 75% funding from Worcestershire County Council.
Did NVQ prior to EYFS so thought it would be good to update .
Looking at workbook I'm pretty confident I will find it ok to do and will enjoy the reflection. Just a bit concerned that government will change/alter EYFS (depending who gets in) and it won't be so relevant.
Anyway, I now know who to ask if I need some help:laughing: :laughing:
I haven't heard of Zodiac, and I certainly wouldn't have gone ahead if I had to do Maths and English first, it's many years since I did O Levels. Sorry you had a bad experience Carol.
Carol x