PDA

View Full Version : Mrs O coming

Hayley G
21-04-2010, 12:47 PM
Right can anyone give me some pointers.

I have received the dreaded call for my first graded inspection 5th May(been registered since Dec 08 but only started minding in Jan 10).

Obs
Full obs - which include what they do, how did the adult support, Links to EYFS and next steps (not got many of these per child :panic: as I really couldnt get the hang of it and now having to back track which is not easy - thank god for daily diaries! Any ideas how many of these I ought to have per child in 3 and a bit months?

1 liners (which I presume also count as obs????) e.g "S pointed to the sky today and said sky & birds" also "S pointed to a postbox on nursery run and said post, letters & red" 23months old so tend to get lots of connected words rather than full sentences - how would you link comments?

Photo obs - photos and sentences with discriptions - would this also count as obs?

Planning
Long Term - Table format with 12 months plans
Medium Term Planning - not sure on this one
Individual Planning - meeting individual interests - spidergram?!

Risk Assessments

I have a checklist does this suffice?

I read the forum all the time and just when I think I have it someone else mentions something and panic sets in again!:eek:

Now I have gone blank of what else I need - help!

Andrea08
21-04-2010, 01:42 PM
didnt want to read n run but i am on the run at mo lol...

need more than tick list for risk assessments hun,
look at ya eyfs pack at legal requirements and check you have all inplace,,

ill try pop bk when i get bk but others might post now hun

good luck xxx

Hayley G
21-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Sorry I should of explained myself better - what I have done is listed the Hazards & Whats in Place then I date that I have checked that everything is in place on a Monday morning prior to mindees arriving.

I didnt think that you had to do a daily one - I think everyone can vouch for the fact that we do them in our sleep didnt know we needed to write it every day.

Is it correct that you also have to do one for every outing? Would that include going to the local park, nursery run which we do daily - More back tracking for me then - I know what I will be doing all weekend :panic:

Hayley

grannyang
21-04-2010, 06:33 PM
hi just had my inspection last wed yes you have to have 1 for every outing park school runs ect even if you bake with the children i had baking on my planning and she asked for my risk assesment you do these naturally from the minute you step out of bed but its a real pain having to log them all down i only had 1 in place for every outing and my setting and just reviewed them every 6 to 12 months or when nessary ie a change to the setting and she said this was ok :)

linda2girls
14-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Do you really have to have a risk assessment for baking? What else am I missing. I'm hoping that as the oven is covered in the kitchen risk assessment, I'm covered (guess I better not use an electric whisk just arm power).

Linda.

miffy
14-05-2010, 09:40 PM
Do you really have to have a risk assessment for baking? What else am I missing. I'm hoping that as the oven is covered in the kitchen risk assessment, I'm covered (guess I better not use an electric whisk just arm power).

Linda.

The eyfs says you should risk assess everything the child comes into contact with so the list is endless.

Sarah gives great advice and lots of examples here

http://eyfsforchildminders.webnode.com//

Miffy xx