PDA

View Full Version : How guilty should i feel?

Minstrel
21-04-2010, 11:37 AM
My sons currently go to different schools and from september they will be at the same one.

All my mindees are from youngests school/nursery and so its rarely me that collects my eldest (array of hubby, another cm, friends mum and after school activities all help out).

I have always planned to stop the other school once ds2 moved as i want to collect them both and i will also have a newborn baby. It will mean we can walk the school run instead of dashing in and out of the car constantly and i won't be restricted to car seat spaces.

Now i have told parents well in advance for this September change and they have asked me to ask other cms for vacancy information. I have asked the 2 others (thats all there is!!!) that do this school and neither have or will have vacancies for september!

Argh!!! So theres me with vacancies and i'm giving them notice- but they have no where to go! And i will be advertising for new mindees!

How guilty should i feel? And do you think i am doing the wrong thing?

Nikki76
21-04-2010, 11:47 AM
I don't think you should feel guilty.
You have to put your own family first and if this is what is best for your family then do it.
You have tried to help them arrange other childcare and have given them 5 months notice! It's not your fault there are only two other minders who could do the same school.....if your childminding option wasn't available to start with they would have found some other type of arrangement, and they will now - they do have 5 months to arrange something else.
I think you can only feel responsible for others peoples children/position up to a point.

Good luck and don't feel bad!
Nikki

aly
21-04-2010, 12:11 PM
have you looked on the childcare site for cms in your area? that might be an answer

I wouldn;t feel guilty I am going to be giving 2 minddes notice soon [once i pluck up courage] as htey go to a different school and dont want to have to rush around all the time

The Juggler
21-04-2010, 01:12 PM
I think you need to do what works for you hon.

Andrea08
21-04-2010, 01:15 PM
unless you realy need the money ..your own family must come first

this is when parents realise how easy they have had it with you and how life can change ...

good luck hun x

Minstrel
21-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I've had a real guilt fest this afternoon and spent the time (mindee is off sick) working out how i can manage it.

I HAVE to be there to pick up my boys (for me and them- i miss getting my eldest and have promised him that september it will change) and since both schools finish at the same time, the mindees will be the ones who will wait!

I'll then drive to the second school and we'll have to walk home from there and i'll collect my car later when hubby is home from work.

It does sound like a faff but i DO need the money and it would be easier for the mindees and me not to find new arrangements.

All this toing and froing - must be the hormones! :laughing:

Alibali
21-04-2010, 08:44 PM
No guilt at all! I can't wait till my ds moves to a different school, then I can stop all the after schoolies:D

mum2two
21-04-2010, 08:48 PM
I do think this job makes us feel so guilty all the time.

You have to do what's best for you & your family.

xx

nokidshere
21-04-2010, 11:09 PM
My parents have always known that when my youngest starts secondary school I will be giving up school runs except for my own children - thats 3 years notice :laughing: so I think its enough!!

I have told them all they are still welcome to come here but they have to make their own arrangements for getting them to me (helped by the fact that the youngest will be 8) - the school is only a 5 minute walk away.