PDA

View Full Version : Grants...

Hebs
21-04-2010, 09:36 AM
i think we need to start and kick up a stink about lack of grants

afterall we all have to deliver the EYFS :angry:

suzyblue
21-04-2010, 09:43 AM
Yes your right! We dont get anything here although I have had help with training fees.

mama2three
21-04-2010, 09:49 AM
The government allocated vast amounts of money when eyfs was implemented and it has been up to each local authority to spend this as they see fit regarding training , resources , etc.
It seems some authorities have been making wiser choices in utilising this budget than others - but im unsure who you would complain to - certainly no one central organisation , we would all be under different LAs.
Unfortunately if the government changes there is likely to be even less in the pot and so we are unlikely to benefit regardless of how much of a fuss we make.
Im also not sure it actually 'costs us more' to offer learning opportunities now than pre - eyfs tbh.

kindredspirits
21-04-2010, 04:45 PM
Unfortunately if the government changes there is likely to be even less in the pot and so we are unlikely to benefit regardless of how much of a fuss we make. .

what makes you say that? i thought other parties were all for family type environments and the importance of early years?

Hebs
21-04-2010, 04:59 PM
what makes you say that? i thought other parties were all for family type environments and the importance of early years?

exactly

and my aprox income after expenses (and not all of what i've paid out) just quickly worked it out was £5K working 6 sometimes 7 days a week

i could do with more resources for my garden (i have no outdoor toys) and IT equipment i will NOT be buying these as it isnt worth my while working as my earnings are so low :panic:

this is one of the reasons why i'm wanting to quit :(