PDA

View Full Version : the school run is a bit awkward...

Tinglesnark
21-04-2010, 09:28 AM
i have to drive otherwise it is an hours round trip up hill and down dale - ive already tried walking it but we have had so many problems from the cat following us to flat tyres and tired toddlers :rolleyes: so i gave up that idea.

the only problem i now have is getting ds1 in to pre school with 2 babies. i could set up the double buggy but i literally walk a few paces from the car and im at the door so its a bit of a faff setting it all up for the minutes that they will be sitting in it. this morning i put ds in the sling on my back and carried mindee but was nearly felled when ds1 hurled himself at me for a hug goodbye - plus it was a serious struggle to carry them both.

i was wondering if i would be ok to leave the babies in the car (in a car park and id lock the car and leave the window open a bit) whilst i take him in or am i just gonna have to put up the double buggy?

answers on a postcard - thanks guys :thumbsup:

suzyblue
21-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Think its going to be the double buggy! Unless someone can take your child from you at the car? Its a pain isnt it!

mama2three
21-04-2010, 09:34 AM
speak to preschool. they could send a member of staff out to meet ds at the car for you ( inclusive service etc!!) if you call as you arrive. if not then its a case of the buggy im afraid - absolutely no way could you leave them in the car. sorry!!

Tinglesnark
21-04-2010, 09:36 AM
yeah i just realised what a stupid question that was...

im full of thick headed questions at the moment.....

:blush:

double buggy it is then - hey ho!

thanks

x

sonia ann
21-04-2010, 09:44 AM
I have a similar problem at the afterschool club I collect from ( 2 children go there until I can get there from another school). I already have 5 children in the car including a baby. I used to get them all out ,take them upstairs to collect the others, then all back downstairs again to put them all in :( ....even worse in the pouring rain....

Now after a chat with the owner , I park the car , ring the doorbell, I can see the car ( about 10 yds away )at all times in the car park and one of the helpers brings the girls down and hands them over to me:) so much easier:)

have a word I'm sure they could help

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Hmm i may have this when the twins start IF i lose the boys as will take them on the school run with me. In the morning s i ahve the same prob as you..literally park across the rd and can be about 2 metres away but still feel like i cannot leave them..thats if i get parked there..if not i would have to get them out and put them in a double buggy for all of 2 mins and back again. The afteroons are diff as have to wait for about half hour!

I would say not to leave them in the car unless you are stood by it..it looks like the double buggy hey?!
Good luck x

Tinglesnark
21-04-2010, 11:35 AM
the problem with asking them to bring him out is that each key person has a duty at home time - one is at the door, one deals with getting the children ready and the other usually discusses any problems etc with the parents and sorts out money etc. iwould feel bad asking it of them tbh...

i just used the double buggy - yes it is a faf and yes it took me an extra 20 minutes :rolleyes: but its just something that ill have to deal with lol just one of those irritations but not something that is a major issue - although id love to find a way around it all.....

francinejayne
21-04-2010, 01:05 PM
At the pre-school I collect from I watch a childminder leave her mindee baby in the car most days whilst she goes inside to collect his brother. She is completely out of sight of the car for a couple of minutes.

I couldn't do it, no matter what the hassle. I'm going to be facing the same problem as you come June, and I know it will annoy me, but it's just the way it is, I would never leave anyone in the car (not even at the petrol station)

The Juggler
21-04-2010, 01:09 PM
no, don't risk it hon. It's not safe for the kiddies and you're likely to get reported.:(

AliceK
21-04-2010, 01:37 PM
At the pre-school I collect from I watch a childminder leave her mindee baby in the car most days whilst she goes inside to collect his brother. She is completely out of sight of the car for a couple of minutes.

I couldn't do it, no matter what the hassle. I'm going to be facing the same problem as you come June, and I know it will annoy me, but it's just the way it is, I would never leave anyone in the car (not even at the petrol station)

Same here. I wont even leave my own 2 kids in the car unless I can see the car so would never risk it with mindees. It used to be a fear for me when my DS was with a childminder that she might leave the kids in the car alone. Don't know why but I just have a real fear about this :blush:

xxxxx

mamasheshe
21-04-2010, 02:30 PM
could you use a single buggy and carry or are they to little xxxx

berkschick
21-04-2010, 07:04 PM
I have the same problem. My buggy is put up and folded down at least 6 times a day but what can you do? Its part of the job Im afraid!

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 08:08 PM

A minder at my school does this and is gone for quite a long time and car well out of sight but does leave her dd (think 12yrs) with the kids..still not convinced if there was an emergency it's a good idea..surely this isn't allowed is it? i wont leave my dd with the mindees 11yrs.
Tbh a hassle i guess at times but peace of mind is better..imagine the handbrake going, or them choking, or the car being crashed inot?
Sorry just thinking of things that you cant control really! x