PDA

View Full Version : Childcare.co.uk

funemnx
20-04-2010, 07:33 PM
A parent has just added me as a favourite on Childcare.co.uk! She needs childcare but I'm not sure whether to message her or to let her contact me. I haven't had anyone from the site before - she doesn't need anyone until November and I do have spaces.......

beccas
20-04-2010, 07:40 PM
i would message her just to introduce yoursefl and to let her know you have vacancies etc and tell her to message you or call you if she needs any more info .

funemnx
20-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Great, thanks! I wanted to but didn't want to appear pushy :thumbsup:

aly
20-04-2010, 08:27 PM
anyone who even just looks at me and i email them :blush:

kats
20-04-2010, 08:42 PM
Im the same i even email people who are not even in my area, well you never know they might have to pass through on their route to work!!!:)

francinejayne
21-04-2010, 03:16 PM
I've got 4 mindees by contacting people that have looked at me, and I've only been registered 2 months!!! :thumbsup: to childcare.co.uk as far as I'm concerned!!!

sandy64
21-04-2010, 03:20 PM
hi yes i look at parents who need childcare near me then message them its worth it most who look at me are other c.m being nosey lol:laughing:

Andrea08
21-04-2010, 03:41 PM
hi can i just ask do parents pay a fee for childcare.com?...

ive not paid just put up my details and a few have looked but ive not had any msg back?

i get the odd e-mail saying someone has viewed my info and thats it...

RedDragon
21-04-2010, 04:21 PM
Definitely send her a message. I introduce myself, send them a link to my website and say if I am not the Childminder for you or I don't have spaces I know a lot of CMs who I can recommend.

Sell yourself and good luck - they will be delighted that you have saved them a lot of hard work I expect.

Jelly Baby
21-04-2010, 06:09 PM
Hi i have just checked my emails too and i have had a post viewed by someone and then another one saying they have added me as their favourite. I haven't looked at this site since i registered so not sure what we do..do we contact them..although i have room i would go over numbers on a thur and tbh dont really want/need the work as have enough on my plate! but didnt want to seem rude.
Thanks

francinejayne
21-04-2010, 06:13 PM
hi can i just ask do parents pay a fee for childcare.com?...

ive not paid just put up my details and a few have looked but ive not had any msg back?

i get the odd e-mail saying someone has viewed my info and thats it...

someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of it is you can only actually see someone's contact details if you have paid membership (discount code on here so it's a bargain - ooh I sound like I work for them!)

you don't actually know if the parents have paid or not, so I assumed that everyone who looked at me hadn't joined and so therefore couldn't get in touch with me, so I emailed them saying hi and pointing them in the direction of my website. and it worked!!! :clapping: