PDA

View Full Version : where do i start

hollyoaksmad
20-04-2010, 06:41 PM
i did a course last year on what i need to do but my brain gone dead iv started childminding in march and need to start observations no. children are only with me for 3 hours a week.

so what do i need to do i have observation sheet which i write what they did and the next step what do i do after that?

is there anything else? is there a website to help you with the steps of this?

should i buy anything to help me

beccas
20-04-2010, 07:16 PM
i use photos for a lot of my observations i take a pic as it can tell you a lot more than you writing it down esp ifyou only gto them for 3 hours, i then stick it on a sheet and write next to it the date and area it covers etc then i write underneath what they have been doing and then i have a nother box thats says next steps so what i am going to do next.

i use the eyfs book that comes in the pack you should have i call it my bible thats all you need really theres lots of obs examples on internet just google and see whatyou get alos try bromley childminding site.

miffy
20-04-2010, 07:24 PM
I use a lot of photos too.

I don't do next steps for everything (although I know some people have been told by Ofsted that you have to)

I also make notes of anything the child tells me about what they've enjoyed doing or things parents or other settings mention and link any planning to that.

Miffy xx

Toothfairy
20-04-2010, 08:12 PM
Highly recommend Sarah's E-book. :thumbsup: